VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
27835_1542.jpeg

ATD-ML 2010 - THE MINOR LEAGUE DRAFT

Drafting those all-time greats overlooked in the main ATD

Sign-up Thread

Similar rules will apply as when I ran it in MLD10 and MLD8 since it went awesome by all accounts.

The draft will last 24 rounds. You must draft 2 goalies, 6 defensemen, 12 forwards and a coach, with 3 additional picks to be used for whatever position(s) you want.

Trading is allowed. Trades must be equal in numbers, 2 picks for 2 picks, 1 player and a pick for 2 picks, and so on. Really lopsided trades can be vetoed. Rounds 15/16 through 23/24 will be double picks per round.

The time limit is 4 hours. If you miss a time window don't panic, just make up the pick ASAP. You can PM your preferred pick to me beforehand and be assured I won't ever be drafting your top pick for whatever round because my pre-draft prospect list is so darn long I can do without (even if with a grimace).

Suggestion: POST A REASON OR STATISTIC OR DESCRIPTION WITH YOUR PICK to aid discussion and let us know a bit about the pick, as many may not be household names, especially from other eras.

You must PM the next GM after your selection. And please post a notice to that effect on the draft thread to ensure a smooth flow to the draft.

Any player from any league or era are eligible as long as they were not drafted in the ATD 2010. As soon as a pick is posted, the next team's clock will begin even if an ineligible player is chosen: the pick will simply be made up as soon as possible.

Player selection should be based on what they have done (the 'next best' draft, so to speak, the greatest all-time careers not honored by being picked in the main ATD 2010 draft), and not what they will do in the future, though it's understood that there is a bit of historical hypothetical projection with players whose careers were cut short by injury.

Absolutely no dropping of players: once drafted they are drafted, but players could be traded if team needs change. At the end of the draft a team could pick up an undrafted UFA and simply discard a draft pick.

The number of teams that make the playoffs will depend on the number that qualify for the postseason. To qualify, a team must meet this all-time draft roster condition: Have on the team at least ONE player from each of the following all-time hockey periods:

1916 or earlier
1917-1942
1943-1965
1966-1979
1980-1994
1995-2004
in 2010 (ANY active/nonretired pro player with 300-plus games pro experience regardless of when he began his career)

The very first game ever played in a top pro league defines which time period for the required condition (so, an eighties player whose NHL or SEL rookie season started in 1979 would meet the 1966-79 time period requirement).

On another front, there will be an all-star team of 1LW, 1RW, 1C, 2D, 1G, 1Coach voted on after the regular season.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
ok,. about as official as it'll ever get

June 15 start date.

If you couldn't make time in June and July, then consider joining the AAA Draft in October or wait until ATD 2011 in January.

Teams signed up:

1. VanIslander - Texas Brahmas
2. Stalberg & markrander87 - St. Mary's Huskies
3. Leafs Forever & Dreakmur - Toronto Marlies
4. seventieslord - Regina Capitals
5. Zamboni Mania - Boston College Eagles
6. BiLLY_ShOE1721 - Philadelphia Blazers
7. chaosrevolver - Belleville Bulls
8. Hedberg & vancityluongo - Florida Hammerheads
9. Velociraptor & Chigurh - Baltimore Skipjacks
10. JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers
11. jareklajkosz & TheDevilMadeMe - Brooklyn Americans
12. papershoes - Cornwall Royals
13. DaveG - Charlotte Clippers
14. MadArcand & tony d - Carolina Hurricanes
15. EagleBelfour - Les As de Québec
16. raleh - Kokudo Bunnies

All spots filled.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll change my life plans to be available for a June 15 start. Us bachelors can do that!

Last edited:

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Mark and I will co-GM a team in this.

Edit: We'll go with our alma matter, and 2010 CIS Mens Hockey Champions:

Saint Mary's Huskies

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
The same rules will apply as when I ran it in MLD10 and MLD8 since it went awesome by all accounts.

It went awesome in MLD11 too, ya know... two more teams, and done in the exact same number of days ;)

I vote for May 15th. I doubt I'd even do it if it was September 15th. That's just two weeks after parental leave ends, and I'm back to working full time and managing having a child. Whereas a may 15th start means it's done before they're even born.

So yeah, assuming it is May 15th, I'm definitely in. Regina Capitals.

We damn well better see at least 16+ teams this time. And any co-GMs, seriously consider breaking off because it will mean one more team in the mix.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
School's over for me until September and I don't really want to go all summer without ATD action, so I vote for a May 15th start up.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Mark and I will co-GM a team in this.

Edit: We'll go with our alma matter, and 2010 CIS Mens Hockey Champions:

Saint Mary's Huskies

Confirmed, Your reigning CIS Hockey Champions We will Make sure to select Mike Danton with our 1st round pick. And I personally vote May 15th start. Im going away for a week, but will be back on the 10th.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
The next ATD wont be for another year. Shouldn't we wait until the current ATD is done before even starting this? This is a distraction during a time when participation is difficult to maintain.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Shouldn't we wait until the current ATD is done before even starting this? This is a distraction during a time when participation is difficult to maintain.
The MLD will NOT start until the ATD has ended! It was designed that way. (The playoffs will end in the next two weeks.)

Plus recruitment and interest in the MLD will result in more ATD votes! At least, it has happened before and ought to again. Everyone will receive a PM encouraging them to participate in the ATD voting.

There will be only 4 teams in the ATD playoffs after Monday and the MLD is a way to keep people coming around the ATD subforum.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
BaltimoreSkipjacks8586.GIF

Baltimore Skipjacks

I'm voting for September, I'd like to have the ATD 2011 start following the MLD.

Also wouldn't mind a Co-GM seeing as I am very busy personally over the next little while.

Looking forward to it!

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Dude! Just do your own team. The more teams the better.

My interest in an MLD is fleeting at best at this time, and TDMM seems to have not enough time, if anything. I think we'd make a good team for those reasons. Both of us may put up somewhat mediocre teams individually, but together we could make a very strong team.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
...together we could make a very strong team.
Indeed. My two championship MLD teams were the times I co-GM'd with Hockey Outsider, Nalyd Psycho.

Two heads are better than one. Having someone to bounce ideas off of and to debate options with really helps temper one's impulses and focus on making wisely prioritized shortlists.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Personal message me if you have any desired interest to share a team with me, I won't be available all the time, so help would be much appreciated.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Why May 15? That gives literally no break between the ATD and the MLD. Why can't the early date be June 1? Give those of us a little burnt out from arguing with 70s a little break.

Anyway, if the option is either 5/15 or 9/15, I would vote for 9/15.

If we do either early date (5/15 or 6/1), I can team with jarek.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
Ya, I don't like the May draft start myself. I can kind of understand trying to keep interest, but since you're opening the door for a later start anyway..

Of the two choices I prefer September, but really, somewhere in between the two dates would be best for me.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Why May 15? That gives literally no break between the ATD and the MLD. Why can't the early date be June 1? Give those of us a little burnt out from arguing with 70s a little break.

Anyway, if the option is either 5/15 or 9/15, I would vote for 9/15.

If we do either early date (5/15 or 6/1), I can team with jarek.

I support this. May 15th may be too early, but I think sometime during the summer it should be done rather than in September.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
I'm in, but for either May 15th (working) or Spetember 15th (starting university), I'd need a co-GM.

LF13, party up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad