OT: MLB Thread XXII: The Mets Are Actually Undefeated In Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Austin Jackson's BABIP is like .952 or something. I can't wait until he's re-signed simply for being cheap and willing.

Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with cheap and willing.

Take it easy. Do you remember what everyone said after Wayne Gretzky was traded to LA?

"If the 2017 Mets can let Nori Aoki go then they can let ANY aging veteran outfielder depart without thinking twice".

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That second half of the line-up in general is something to behold. Rofl.
The worst thing, though, is that Callaway was asked about Dom Smith, and he said he doesn't foresee him getting much playing time while Nimmo is out. It's evidently much more important that guys like Bautista and Reinheimer get ABs at this point in the season. And it's so important he has to declare so publicly.

I'm so disappointed in Callaway. I mean, Stengel wouldn't win with this group, but Callaway has done and said some really moronic shit. So, so disappointed with what he has shown us this year. I thought we were getting some bright, polished, thoughtful manager. He's just some dumbass that licks the Wilpons' boots.

Reactions: Bob Richards

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I'm not saying Dominic Smith shouldn't play to see younger guys but...the guy has an 89 wRC+ in AAA this year hitting .255/.330/.387 with 6 HR in an extreme hitters park. He hasn't particularly done anything to deserve a promotion. Now Peter Alonso on the other hand...

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'm not saying Dominic Smith shouldn't play to see younger guys but...the guy has an 89 wRC+ in AAA this year hitting .255/.330/.387 with 6 HR in an extreme hitters park. He hasn't particularly done anything to deserve a promotion. Now Peter Alonso on the other hand...

Its his defense that they don't want to risk. Alonso is apparently weak in the field.

Luckily the Mets are extremely thoughtful and forward thinking when it comes to defense or even putting guys in their natural positions.

Reactions: jas

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Absolutely. Smith has had a shitty year. He did however post a 134 wRC+ in Vegas last year, so who knows. The point is if you have a prospect up, he should be getting time ahead of guys that are AAAA-level or 63-years-old.

I'm sure the Mets' logic on Alonso is that he can only play 1B (which he does so horribly) and with all the old, random and old/random dudes on the roster they need 1B to help keep those shitty guys in the lineup. So basically there's a rationale, it's just asinine.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The worst thing, though, is that Callaway was asked about Dom Smith, and he said he doesn't foresee him getting much playing time while Nimmo is out. It's evidently much more important that guys like Bautista and Reinheimer get ABs at this point in the season. And it's so important he has to declare so publicly.

I'm so disappointed in Callaway. I mean, Stengel wouldn't win with this group, but Callaway has done and said some really moronic ****. So, so disappointed with what he has shown us this year. I thought we were getting some bright, polished, thoughtful manager. He's just some dumbass that licks the Wilpons' boots.
Yeah, I just read that. Callaway has been the McAdoo of the Mets so far. I am all for firing his ass.

YEAH LET'S PLAY JOEY BATS OVER A YOUNG GUY IN A LOST SEASON YOU MOTHERf***ER.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Its his defense that they don't want to risk. Alonso is apparently weak in the field.

Luckily the Mets are extremely thoughtful and forward thinking when it comes to defense or even putting guys in their natural positions.

What makes you think a team willing to play Flores doesn't have any regard for defense?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Flores actually has kind of an unfair rep. He really doesn't rate particularly poorly at all at any position.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Remember when we put d'Arnaud at 3B and did a carousel swap with Asdrubal at 2B like 30 times in one game?

Or last season filling an infield of 2 awful shortstops, a rookie shortstop and an outfielder at 1B

I'm still intrigued by those rumblings of moving Rosario into CF.

In short: I am never bored when it comes to observing the Mets fielding needs.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
is this real or fake (srs)
giphy.gif

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Collision in the outfield from Dom Smith and Amed brings in the go ahead Giants run.

Mets were down to their final out and were forced to use Jason Vargas as a pinch hitter and had he pulled it off and got on base then Jose Reyes would follow next.

I am ready to die.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Flores actually has kind of an unfair rep. He really doesn't rate particularly poorly at all at any position.
It's not his fielding that's in question but he has poor range and a (wildly) inaccurate arm. baseball-reference shows his dwar being negative every year of his career.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It's not his fielding that's in question but he has poor range and a (wildly) inaccurate arm. baseball-reference shows his dwar being negative every year of his career.

That's all included in fielding. I didn't mean how well he picks up ground balls. Fangraphs has him in his career with a UZR/150 between -2.5 and 2.5 at 1B 2B 3B and SS.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Collision in the outfield from Dom Smith and Amed brings in the go ahead Giants run.

Mets were down to their final out and were forced to use Jason Vargas as a pinch hitter and had he pulled it off and got on base then Jose Reyes would follow next.

I am ready to die.
That was one of the most lol Mets losses I’ve seen in a while.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Nationals finally give up and end their season. Trade Met Killer Danny Murphy to the cubs. Dodgers claim Harper....wonder if they'll actually work out a deal or if they'll pull him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad