OT: MLB Thread XVII: Cubs Break The Ultimate Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
If Girardi doesn't stop hitting Teixeira cleanup, Sanchez is going to see many more intentional walks.

The issue is the two IBBs weren't really against the book. Both plays had 1st base open, so I don't think it was too crazy, even the one in the 9th where it was 2nd and 3rd with two outs, as you can try for the DP or for the force at home with slow ass Tex batting.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Apparently Cespedes is a Met for two more years!

Of course he was going to say that. adam Rubin was on 98.7 an hour or so ago and said that it's not like exactly what he said.

And now down goes Jay Bruce.

It's just not fair how injured this team is.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Justin Dunn 3 scoreless innings with 5 Ks for Brooklyn last night.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Hahaha Bartolo splits the outfielders for a double and Keith called it beforehand

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If only they kept a 39 year old Beltran and those relievers like a poster here hinted towards.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Yea can anybody tell me what Sanchez projected to be before this season? Obviously this is an all-time heater that he's on, but was he projected to produce even half as much as this some day?

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Yea can anybody tell me what Sanchez projected to be before this season? Obviously this is an all-time heater that he's on, but was he projected to produce even half as much as this some day?

Sanchez has always been known to have a good bat and serious pop. What he's doing right now is simply crazy but it's always been his receiving and maturity in question. He's really improved both in the last year or two.

If I had to give a projection, I'd say .270/.330/.480 would of been reasonable slash down the line. If someone else has a more concrete projection, feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Agreed. Loney hasn't been consistently good in awhile.

Loney is terrible at basically everything except not striking out.

He was a borderline top 50 prospect in baseball. Was ranked 41 a month ago by a system used on FG - http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/an-improved-katoh-top-100-list/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad