OT: MLB Thread XV: Play Ball (Everyone is mediocre)

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Mets in on Jonathan Lucroy and two relievers from Brewers the cost is TdA and a blue chip prospect

Depending on the additional prospect I would do this. He only has one year left on his deal but it's an absurdly cheap 5.2M option and he's pretty safely the 2nd or 3rd best hitting catcher in the league.

Important to consider that if they do get him - and things don't go well next year - they can likely sell him off for a lot at next years deadline. And if things do go well and he wants too much money than can always QO him and get a pick in return when he goes.

I'd be interested in Thornburg, Jeffress, and Smith of their relievers.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Wait so they are going to hold off on the Chapman trade for a few more days? Stupid. Take the deal and run if it's Torres and Solis +.

I read that the Cubs are holding up the deal until Chapman agrees to an extension. Something in the line of 4 years/60M.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Better numbers than Mateo, 18 months younger at the same level. He's an impressive prospect, #24 on the top 100. Fedde is #66 FWIW.

Fedde is making his way back from Tommy John. His value took a hit. If we were to get Fedde we'd paying 75 cents on a $1.

Torres would immediately become our best prospect. 19 year old (20 in December) more than holding his own in High A is impressive.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Torres is the piece coming back then Yankees have done really well. Now please go and dangle Gardner, Miller and Beltran.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad