OT: MLB Thread XLII: OCTOBER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Postseason task #1 is giving Cole a blank check. He can even keep the beard.

Cashman has made some great creative moves and I appreciate that, but he misses out on punch-you-the-mouth obvious moves. Like pulling a fast one for Stanton when Martinez was available for free.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I doubt it. They prospect hug worse than we do and I don't see any NL teams being interested in Sanchez.
they had very little production from catcher after they let go of Grandal.

Edit: Actually, trading Gary for another piece (2b/SS or Pitcher) and signing Grandal would be a stroke of genius.

Reactions: Machinehead

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Cashman has made some great creative moves and I appreciate that, but he misses out on punch-you-the-mouth obvious moves. Like pulling a fast one for Stanton when Martinez was available for free.
I get wanting to throw a truckload of money at Cole to stick it to the Astros, but I have serious doubts that he'd come to New York. He didn't sign with the Yankees when they drafted him. He reportedly turned down a trade to come to New York. Color me skeptical.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I get wanting to throw a truckload of money at Cole to stick it to the Astros, but I have serious doubts that he'd come to New York. He didn't sign with the Yankees when they drafted him. He reportedly turned down a trade to come to New York. Color me skeptical.
$400m makes believers out of skeptics.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Edit: Actually, trading Gary for another piece (2b/SS or Pitcher) and signing Grandal would be a stroke of genius.
Grandal hits homers too so Cashman can get his power jollies off.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This would be more like Liverpool splashing a small country on Alisson and VvD.

Address your weaknesses, win a title. It's almost like it's not rocket science.
Yes Arsenal did the Yankee strategy of not addressing the needs when we had good teams. Brought Aubameyang 3 yrs too late.

Reactions: Machinehead

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Too much for Hal’s bottom line.

Yankee fans complaining about cheap ownership.

tenor.gif

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Will Smith is one their top prospects and raked after being called up. They don't need Sanchez.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Haven't heard that at all.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I still think this series is winnable, but by golly it's going to be tough as hell. Winning tonight would have been the only way to make it easy.

Pitching route (assuming no weather postpone tomorrow):
Game 4 - BP vs BP
Game 5 - Tanaka vs Greinke
Game 6 - Paxton vs JV
Game 7 - Sevy (+ Tanaka on short rest?) vs Cole (+ Greinke from BP on short rest?)

Game 4 and 5 definitely seem winnable. It's G6 and G7 that will be the toss-ups, and it's JV and Cole in Houston.

Paxton needs to find his command. He was thrown a lot to the outside, which is just inexcusable. Sevy got a lot better as the game went on, and hopefully he doesn't have a semi-slow start early in G7.

JV and Cole were definitely consistently hittable, but that won't matter if they continue to just popup into the infield or hit to the warning track for a flyout each and every time they make contact. The contact is there, it's just that the ensuing results are really not favorable.

It's also maddening that every foul ball they hit is seemingly caught for easy outs. That's been a big unlucky issue for the Yankees so far.

Am I wrong here, or am I just drunk?

Last edited:
Reactions: 17futurecap

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I still think this series is winnable, but by golly it's going to be tough as hell. Winning tonight would have been the only way to make it easy.

Pitching route (assuming no weather postpone tomorrow):
Game 4 - BP vs BP
Game 5 - Tanaka vs Greinke
Game 6 - Paxton vs JV
Game 7 - Sevy (+ Tanaka on short rest?) vs Cole (+ Greinke from BP on short rest?)

Game 4 and 5 definitely seem winnable. It's G6 and G7 that will be the toss-ups, and it's JV and Cole in Houston.

Paxton needs to find his command. He was thrown a lot to the outside, which is just inexcusable. Sevy got a lot better as the game went on, and hopefully he doesn't have a semi-slow start early in G7.

JV and Cole were definitely consistently hittable, but that won't matter if they continue to just flyout or hit to the warning track each and every time they make contact. The contact is there, it's just that the ensuing results are really not favorable.

It's also maddening that every foul ball they hit is seemingly caught for easy outs. That's been a big unlucky issue for the Yankees so far.

Am I wrong here, or am I just drunk?
I can't see game us winning game 6 or 7 vs. Verlander/Cole

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I can't see game us winning game 6 or 7 vs. Verlander/Cole
It's the likely scenario, but I don't think it's guaranteed.

They've been decently hittable, just the batters seem to be pretty unlucky with the results of said hits.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It's the likely scenario, but I don't think it's guaranteed.

They've been decently hittable, just the batters seem to be pretty unlucky with the results of said hits.

It would be nice if Paxton can up big, I do think we can still win it as well.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It would be nice if Paxton can up big, I do think we can still win it as well.
The problem with Game 2 was, and I don't have the numbers in front of me, that literally no one could throw a consistent strike/in the zone. It was all pretty much to the outside or relying on catching popups or getting ground balls thrown to DJ to get a runner out.

Nobody had command of the ball that game except for Green and Chapman.

Paxton is better than what he showed in Game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad