OT: MLB Thread Part XXVIII: Vote Starlin Castro for the ASG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Apparently the Blue Jay's are asking for Torres for Stroman. You giving that up for him? I sure wouldnt.
The Blue Jays are a dumpster fire of an organization. Laugh out loud funny that they are asking for Torres.

Heard the Mets did too.

Who is the comparable these teams are getting elsewhere? Seriously what a f***ing joke.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The Blue Jays are a dumpster fire of an organization. Laugh out loud funny that they are asking for Torres.

Heard the Mets did too.

Who is the comparable these teams are getting elsewhere? Seriously what a ****ing joke.

I know this isnt going on, but it's almost like these teams with assets to sell are talking, trying to drive up prices with the new hard trade deadline.

Seems the asks for any pitcher available is Torres or Garcia.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I know this isnt going on, but it's almost like these teams with assets to sell are talking, trying to drive up prices with the new hard trade deadline.

Seems the asks for any pitcher available is Torres or Garcia.
Thats great. Whats the ask for the comparable to Torres.

Who is the Torres, that is already an All Star in his 2nd full season in the league at 22, that they are asking from the Padres, the Brewers, the Braves.

I expect Albies to be requested in talks then. I expect Tatis to be asked for.

Its a f***ing sick joke that the Blue Jays and Mets are asking for that. Cut off the nose to spite the face. Dont deal with the Yankees and ask for their best prospects, ask for their All Star 2B, or else dont deal with them and take less (fair package) from other teams just to spite the Yankees.

Incredible.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Thats great. Whats the ask for the comparable to Torres.

Who is the Torres, that is already an All Star in his 2nd full season in the league at 22, that they are asking from the Padres, the Brewers, the Braves.

I expect Albies to be requested in talks then. I expect Tatis to be asked for.

Its a ****ing sick joke that the Blue Jays and Mets are asking for that. Cut off the nose to spite the face. Dont deal with the Yankees and ask for their best prospects, ask for their All Star 2B, or else dont deal with them and take less (fair package) from other teams just to spite the Yankees.

Incredible.
It's the Yankee tax nothing new.

Some teams are colluding against them winning 28.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Guys are good, come to the Yankees and suck, leave and are good again.

The problem is here.

as a mets fan this might be the funniest thing that I've ever read. I can only imagine the horror of winning 100 games and not having an amazing player at every roster spot

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Terrible. This team as presently constituted is going nowhere in the postseason. Cashman has a lot of work to do.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
as a mets fan this might be the funniest thing that I've ever read. I can only imagine the horror of winning 100 games and not having an amazing player at every roster spot
With pitchers it's absolutely true, especially starters.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Yankees never push their starters enough. I think it's a big reason they never develop beyond being very good against bad teams and early exits against the contenders.

Challenge these guys. Sabathia isn't one to go long in games, but Paxton? He needs to be pushed. When Severino comes back, they need to do it to him too. They coddle these guys. It's been that way since Joba/Hughes/Kennedy were coming up.

Lean on the pen all the time. It's their biggest hurdle to becoming a team that will win titles.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
George Steinbrenner is rolling over in his grave.

He is watching this nerd Cashman do everything opposite of what he did to secure championships.

You go get the best available. You dont get outbid.

Verlander, Cole, Corbin, Keuchel. Cashman is a clown.

Pitching wins.

Keuchel didn't want to go to Yankees. There were question marks on Verlander, Astros fixed him. Would we do the same? Again, Corbin has 5+ ERA outside of Bats park. Imagine Corbin pitching half of his games at YS. We'll get a chance at Cole in few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad