OT: MLB Thread Part XIV: Only One New York Team Matters :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Interested to see how the Yankees do in the upcoming series against Toronto. The Blue Jays have been struggling but have absolutely owned the Yankees over the past few seasons.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
This title makes me sad, as true as it is.

Not the Yankees part. Good for them!

But the Mets............goddammit......

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Interested to see how the Yankees do in the upcoming series against Toronto. The Blue Jays have been struggling but have absolutely owned the Yankees over the past few seasons.

this jays team is unrecognizable to past jays teams. i dont know who half the team is that they are playing with tonight.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
If we just forget about everyone on the team except Conforto, the Mets look great.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gsellman seeing both his K rate and BABIP start to normalize tonight. Hopefully he can maintain the latter throughout the game.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
It just makes me so happy that some of our best prospects are still in the minors. If our pitchers can keep developing, use some of those extra prospects to get a front line starter.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I just checked Fan Graphs, he has the worst WAR among qualified players at -1.0. Next worst is at -0.7. Impressive.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is Curtis Granderson the worst everyday player in the Bigs right now?

I was thinking yesterday that we need to release him. When Nimmo is back, they need to do something about Granderson because he is no longer one of our five best OF's.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have like a two man offense right now. I can't believe at the beginning of the season that the Mets wanted Conforto to start in the minors. Bunch of idiots.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Conforto is awesome

Mets broadcast is still easily the best in all of baseball

Two things we got goin' for us

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Reyes continuing to show life.

Nice save by Fam.

ACQUIRE ANOTHER STARTER! Gsellman doesn't have it.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Will the Mets sit/trade Grandy when Nimmo is back? Can he be convinced to retire and take a spot in the org (the go-to for all old players with a good personality :laugh:)?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Will the Mets sit/trade Grandy when Nimmo is back? Can he be convinced to retire and take a spot in the org (the go-to for all old players with a good personality :laugh:)?

IDK about when Nimmo is back, but whenever Ces comes back he obviously has to sit (unless Conforto or Bruce have a limb amputated by then, which seems likely).

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
IDK about when Nimmo is back, but whenever Ces comes back he obviously has to sit (unless Conforto or Bruce have a limb amputated by then, which seems likely).

I think i've accepted Yoenis being out for a month+, with Nimmo coming back within the next couple of weeks. I've barely kept up with the DL times but yeah, I can't imagine Grandy gets to keep starting...in fact with Juan Lagares healthy (if not performing well) Terry should give Grandy a week off and run Conforto/Juan/Bruce. I don't think Juan has been -1 WAR bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad