OT: MLB Thread Part V: Wheeling and dealing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There's a poll on ESPN NY asking whether people think the Yanks should re-sign Chris Young this winter. A full third of respondents said yes. Are people crazy?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bingo just swept Richmond to win the AA Eastern League title. Metsies farm system has come a long way. Good thing they have young talent on the way, because you aren't going to buy much with an $85M payroll.

BarbaraAlphanse

Steven Matz had a no hitter through 7 1/3. To clinch the championship he pitched probably the best game of his career. 11 ks 2 walks. Awesome. Great sign.

Yea, great performance.

Sandy has like 9 capable starters to work w/ next year:

Harvey, Wheeler, deGrom, Colon, Gee, Niese, Montero, Syndergaard, Matz

3 of them can certainly be traded - even 4.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If I move some arms, I'd try to move, in order:

Colon
Gee
Montero
Syndergaard

I'm actually very open to moving Syndergaard. I like him as a prospect, but I really worry about how his fastball will play in the bigs. It's hard and he locates it, but it's straight as an arrow. I don't buy that it's a plus-plus pitch. I also prefer my hard-throwers to work primarily off a slider rather than a curve.

Anyway, we have lots of young arms. Unfortunately I think there are more teams looking for young hitting at moment than young pitching. Figures.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I just read Meija has most saves in the league since AS game? That's nice but to me Familia should be the closer

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
If I move some arms, I'd try to move, in order:

Colon
Gee
Montero
Syndergaard

I'm actually very open to moving Syndergaard. I like him as a prospect, but I really worry about how his fastball will play in the bigs. It's hard and he locates it, but it's straight as an arrow. I don't buy that it's a plus-plus pitch. I also prefer my hard-throwers to work primarily off a slider rather than a curve.

Anyway, we have lots of young arms. Unfortunately I think there are more teams looking for young hitting at moment than young pitching. Figures.

Just have to look and see what the Cubs are asking for with one of their SS. Syndergaard becomes a lot more expendable if Harvey comes back and is Harvey.

Wolfy*

I'm glad it's almost hockey season, then we'll probably get rid of all these OT threads ;)

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yankees, followed the Giants and Jets with finding ways to blow games today..

Btw, Robertson has been complaining about soreness in his shoulder, hip and legs lately, and Girardi pitched him today in his 3rd straight game and he blew it, he had nothing, gee ya think Joe?

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I'm glad it's almost hockey season, then we'll probably get rid of all these OT threads ;)

If only there were a super easy way to ignore threads. Some button that lets you ignore them would be really helpful in this situation...

sXzeuO2.jpg

Btw, Robertson has been complaining about soreness in his shoulder, hip and legs lately, and Girardi pitched him today in his 3rd straight game and he blew it, he had nothing, gee ya think Joe?

Gee, their shot at the playoffs just went from nonexistent to still nonexistent.

Last edited:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If only there were a super easy way to ignore threads. Some button that let's you ignore them would be really helpful in this situation...

sXzeuO2.jpg

Gee, their shot at the playoffs just went from nonexistent to still nonexistent.

He"s still been awful.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
He"s still been awful.

Almost every manager in baseball is horrific at in-game strategy and no manager can win with crap rosters. It's stunning that the Yankees are on track to somehow finish above .500 for the second straight year despite having a negative run differential.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York

The matchups said to put in Robertson.... It's amazing how bad he is. He makes the same mistakes over and over. I would love a fresh start here Girardi and Cashman gone, but that won't happen.

*Bob Richards*

Watching football instead but apparently DeGrom is striking out the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad