OT: MLB Thread Part IX: I want my #BaeRod royalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
How highly touted were the pitching prospects? Hopefully not top tier, although the Mets are pretty well stocked in that department.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Nice work in landing Cespedes. You have an abundance of young arms so Fulmer won't be missed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How highly touted were the pitching prospects? Hopefully not top tier, although the Mets are pretty well stocked in that department.

Fulmer's legit, front of the rotation stuff. Injuries have been a concern, and although his stuff is pretty good, I don't think he has the same type of stuff as Harvey, Syndergaard, deGrom and Wheeler stuff. Maybe his stuff is on par with Matz's stuff, but Matz pitches from the left side and his competitiveness is raved about. I'd put a #2 ceiling on Fulmer, #3 if he doesn't match the stuff with production. Cessa's just a throw in.

I think the trade isn't too bad. Cespedes is one of the best players in the MLB, even if its just for a few months. Fulmer is really good, but I wouldn't say he's untouchable. I'd have only gave him up for Tulo or Cespedes, and we got Cespedes. He's a much better baseball player than Bruce, Gomez, Upton.

The only thing about this trade that I don't like is that the Tigers pretty much had to trade Cespedes and Sandy was the one that eventually gave in to the demands rather than DD taking a worse package. DD said he was asking for Fulmer for a long time and Sandy eventually gave in.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice work in landing Cespedes. You have an abundance of young arms so Fulmer won't be missed.

It's really just Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Matz and Wheeler now. Montero and Molina aren't bad, but they've been dealing with injuries this season. Thats about it for the full-season guys, so the pitching depth really isn't what people think. Losing Fulmer and Meisner was a big hit to our pitching depth, even though we got good pieces back.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Luis Severino's next start will be in the majors, and Cashman said there's no innings limit on him, they've prepared for this earlier in the year.

Sweeny Murti ‏@YankeesWFAN
No innings limits on Severino says Cashman. Said they almost brought him up in Texas, but Moreno's great appearance let him hold off.

Bryan Hoch ‏@BryanHoch
Cashman: Severino will have no innings limit. They prepared early in the season so he would be ready for this.

Severino last pitched Wednesday, striking out ten in six innings for Scranton. 6ip 1h 3r 0er 0bb 10so | 11gs 61.1ip 40h 18r 13er 0hr 3hbp 17bb 50so .184avg

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Perhaps the Yankees feel they didn't need an acquisition because Severino is the acquisition.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's really just Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Matz and Wheeler now. Montero and Molina aren't bad, but they've been dealing with injuries this season. Thats about it for the full-season guys, so the pitching depth really isn't what people think. Losing Fulmer and Meisner was a big hit to our pitching depth, even though we got good pieces back.

Ynoa and Gsellman are still interesting guys who profile as dependable, innings-eating number 5 starters. Beyond that, though, it's getting thin. Hopefully they go pitching-heavy in the next draft.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
How close did the Yankees come to making a significant trade at the deadline?

“Not close,” general manager Brian Cashman said.

And it seems the Yankees are fine with that.

“I’d rather try relying on the Mitchells and Severinos than bring in somebody that’s got more experience but maybe less ability with more money attached to it,” Cashman said. “Although (money)’s not necessarily an issue for us, in the assessments, it’s like, you know what, I’d rather go this route with these kids than go do that (in a trade for a veteran).”

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's all fine and dandy but if that's the case I want them up here.

Pineda
Tanaka
Severino
Mitchell
Eovaldi

Trade Nova next year so he can be on somebody else's DL. Just send CC to Sea World's manatee exhibit right now.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
That's all fine and dandy but if that's the case I want them up here.

Pineda
Tanaka
Severino
Mitchell
Eovaldi

Trade Nova next year so he can be on somebody else's DL. Just send CC to Sea World's manatee exhibit right now.

Nova is still a solid starter... Mitchell goes tomorrow I think.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Nova is definitely a solid starter. He's easily a #2 on the injured reserve national team.

He had Tommy John, but I/m not sure he was really hurt before that?.. and that report is false, its just normal fatigue from the surgery, he's making his next start.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Bryan Hoch ‏@BryanHoch 19m19 minutes ago

Joe Girardi confirms that Luis Severino will make his MLB debut vs. the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. Exact date still being ironed out.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
thank you sandy for making me have hope again

to get yoenis cespedes to help this seasons push and keep wheels and flores is a job well done. :handclap:

lets resign him and move forward with him as a core piece. he's the right handed power bat weve needed. i hope he falls in love with nyc.

next year we have a starting 5 potentially that could all be #1 or 2's.

unlike the darkness of last night, tonight there is light in metsland.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
thank you sandy for making me have hope again

to get yoenis cespedes to help this seasons push and keep wheels and flores is a job well done. :handclap:

lets resign him and move forward with him as a core piece. he's the right handed power bat weve needed. i hope he falls in love with nyc.

next year we have a starting 5 potentially that could all be #1 or 2's.

unlike the darkness of last night, tonight there is light in metsland.

If he hits, I'd keep him. I wouldn't give him more than the deal we gave Granderson a few years ago.

If it doesn't work out, you can deal with four years at a lot of money. 6 or 7 years and he's not playing well? Thats a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad