MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for two seasons - UPD: arbitrator rules suspension is over & DFA'd

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So what’s going on? Is he still under contract with LA? Is he a free agent now? I have to imagine his relationship with the team has soured. The Dodgers showed no effort to defend their player.
he's still under contract with LA now that he's been reinstated, but romor is they're going to release him and eat whatever is left of his deal

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Some team will get him on a 1year prove it deal that'll pay dividends.

Manclown didn't like that he consistently called out the league on a variety of issues.

He was starting to grow on me by calling the league out on certain things because he was 100% correct.

I thought he was a clown from his Cleveland days & injuring himself before a playoff game then having too much to say about his critics. He should've just taken the L & moved on.

Pretty sure Terry Francona just got tired of his act & would've gotten rid of him then but he was too good of a pitcher.

Reactions: Voight

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bauer will get shot somewhere

Probably will have to take a deal like Cueto this past year starting out in minors with expectation of coming up eventually back to majors

It worked out well for Sox/Cueto the arrangement he gave them good pitching and he should find a solid FA deal somewhere

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
If what happened to Bauer is unjust, given he was not charged or found guilty, you would think he would investigate his legal options? If feasible, couldn't he sue major league baseball for an unjust suspension and loss of his salary?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I still think Goodell is the worst of all the commissioners
Manfred is the only one where I legitimately think he actually outright dislikes the league and sport he is the commissioner of. That's the only explanation I have for some of the things he has done or floated around.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
For about a decade I thought he was the worst, but Manclown has given him quite the challenge.

I fully expect a homer derby to decide tie games in the near future.

If what happened to Bauer is unjust, given he was not charged or found guilty, you would think he would investigate his legal options? If feasible, couldn't he sue major league baseball for an unjust suspension and loss of his salary?

Given it would be a civil case, all MLB would probably have to show is a preponderance of evidence that Bauer did what he was accused of.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad