MLB Regular Season Thread - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
So close to having the ultimate sports day for Pittsburghers, only for the Pirates-Rockies game to be postponed.

Can't say the pen doesn't desperately need a break after all of these extra inning games.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Heyward has been pretty meh at the plate to start the season.

Like I said, Heyward isn't a number one guy and there's a good chance he never will be. In comparison, if he were on a top heavy White Sox lineup he would either be a platoon OF at best or a utility guy.

The Cards and Bucs will get better, but the Cubs will be stuck trying to out score teams or they will be a last place team

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Like I said, Heyward isn't a number one guy and there's a good chance he never will be. In comparison, if he were on a top heavy White Sox lineup he would either be a platoon OF at best or a utility guy.

The Cards and Bucs will get better, but the Cubs will be stuck trying to out score teams or they will be a last place team

giphy.gif

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Nice. :laugh:

Seriously though, I thought Heyward would be a better offensive player when he was first coming up.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nice. :laugh:

Seriously though, I thought Heyward would be a better offensive player when he was first coming up.

To be fair though when he came into the league it was basically a forgone conclusion that he would be mashing 50 dingers to start with, then breezing past 200 RBI on his way to the first 80HR season.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=759039

Do you believe the hype? Do you think he will be the next Pujols or 10x better?
I think it's likely he hits 50hrs this year and 200 rbis or is that a tad over board?

I think all he will do is turn up and someday hit 80 hr in a season. Allll the wayyy turntt up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad