MLB KC Royals possible sale

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Royals fans are happy. Local owner, get out from the Walmart cycle. Yes Glass presided over two WS appearances and one win but at times it seemed in spite of him not because of him.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Good for the Royals as long as Sherman is willing to spend more than Glass. Outside of a couple seasons the Royals havent done much under Glass. They have an older stadium (that is still in good condition), a weak prospect pool, and little on field talent. KC should be operating like Tampa Bay or Oakland who use young talent to be competitive most years but under Glass the Royals, to make a deep playoff run, gutted their prospect pool to get cash back in trades

Sherman being part of the Indians current ownership makes you wonder how much impact he has had on the teams finances. Up until this year they were one of the higher spending teams but decided they needed to cut payroll. The AL central is full of mid/small market low spending teams. It wouldnt take much to get the Royals competitive within the division.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sherman being part of the Indians current ownership makes you wonder how much impact he has had on the teams finances. Up until this year they were one of the higher spending teams but decided they needed to cut payroll. The AL central is full of mid/small market low spending teams. It wouldnt take much to get the Royals competitive within the division.

One of the articles I read (may have been the one I posted above) stated that when he bought his 30% stake they started spending more. He pushed for them to trade for Miller as an example.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
One of the articles I read (may have been the one I posted above) stated that when he bought his 30% stake they started spending more. He pushed for them to trade for Miller as an example.

They have spent higher the last few years, but this year they drastically cut payroll. Maybe its why he decided to look elsewhere

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They have spent higher the last few years, but this year they drastically cut payroll. Maybe its why he decided to look elsewhere

Yea at the end of the day if Dolan wants to spend less, he's the boss so it wouldn't surprise me if thats the case.

Apparently Sherman owns or is invested in a lot of local businesses so he's also one of those super-fan owners that just really wanted to own a team, especially in his city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad