OT: MLB Discussion Thread Part III: Jeter announces retirement after 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Seattle's weather is not my cup tea. I'm sure it's not Cano's either. He probably also hates being so far away from the DR.

Bottom line is, he took the money. Good for him. Not many would turn down $240 million. Regardless of where the city is at.

Puckface NYR*

Seattle's weather is not my cup tea. I'm sure it's not Cano's either. He probably also hates being so far away from the DR.

Bottom line is, he took the money. Good for him. Not many would turn down $240 million. Regardless of where the city is at.

I think both the Yanks and Cano made the right move. He wasn't getting near that money from them and the yankees didn't want to hand that contract over to someone that i personally feel, they didn't want as THE cornerstone of the franchise.

Cano is great but giving him 240-50 makes him THE guy. I don't think he's a leader. He'll be in the HOF, but he's not the charachter guy you want leading the team.

175-80 would have been fine.

Either way, as a yankees fan i'm sad to see his production go but happy we didn't pay that for him. I'm also happy for Robbie and hope he continues to play well.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN 22m

Major-league official told me he thinks Yankees' next move will be signing Shin-Soo Choo. #CanoFallout

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love Choo. Plus all the Choo Choo train puns will be worth the contract by themselves.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
"That ball is high...That ball is far...That is...GONE....Chin up, Choo! Choo! run those bases...Choo Choo"

BarbaraAlphanse

Choo to Yanks will be good for the same duration Cano to Yanks was.

When will Yanks learn that signing aging vets only works for 2-3 years.

The more the Yanks do this the more that seasons like last year will become the norm and seasons dynasty decades become like a dream.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Choo to Yanks will be good for the same duration Cano to Yanks was.

When will Yanks learn that signing aging vets only works for 2-3 years.

The more the Yanks do this the more that seasons like last year will become the norm and seasons dynasty decades become like a dream.

I doubt Choo will get a 10 year contract first off.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Choo will get a contract similar to Granderson or slightly less...

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I have a feeling I will like the Choo signing. Good solid all-around player.

They need to sign Infante.

With Cano gone, Infante and Choo are almost must signings. Infante to replace Cano at 2B (Infante is a guy that always puts the ball in play, very versatile, and is a great defender), and Choo to replace Cano's hitting.

I'd prefer Choo to Beltran.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Delia Enriquez ‏@dfiregirl4 4m
Yankees are talking with Shin-Soo Choo.

Looks more and more likely

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A Choo signing would most likely see Ichiro coming off the bench, no? Just doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad