Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
You also just joined the board in 2024... you haven't been around for the past 7 years of excuses for Marners poor playoffs.
It's HF boards, this is like my 15th account.

You're bragging that you've spent your whole time here on your knees repeating whatever the at the time safest opinion is?

Keep grinding out those achievement awards by sucking up to mods.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Yawns

It's easy to bash those 3 when they are the only talents in the league that get an audit after every game.

Pasta is garbage this series so is he a waste of money talent you'd have no interest in?

You think Clayton Keller is the answer so trade Mitch for him.

I've grown tired of these short bus reactionary tantrums.

Pasta isn’t garbage, he deserves Selke nominations for shutting down Marner all series based on the logic in here. His offense doesn’t matter considering he’s completely neutered Marner offensively.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yawns

It's easy to bash those 3 when they are the only talents in the league that get an audit after every game.

Pasta is garbage this series so is he a waste of money talent you'd have no interest in?

You think Clayton Keller is the answer so trade Mitch for him.

I've grown tired of these short bus reactionary tantrums.
WOW! Weird.

I didn't 'bash' anyone, I didn't mention either Pastrnak or Keller, and I didn't suggest trading Mitch or anyone else.

Talk about "short bus reactionary tantrums".

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Pasta isn’t garbage, he deserves Selke nominations for shutting down Marner all series based on the logic in here. His offense doesn’t matter considering he’s completely neutered Marner offensively.
This forum....

That's my point, every team has this issue with there superstars. It's hockey, not the NBA.

Maybe we don't run every player out of town. It reminds me of the Kessel bashing while he was finishing top five in scoring.

If Matthews has a bad series next year we can trade him for a lesser talent and get better though right.

It's amateur hour here.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That's fair, I'm even ok with Bert at the right price.

I just want to see the blueline and goaltending get prioritized first and an overall commitment to structured play before spending on luxury items like Domi and Bert.

Just my opinion.
Oh I agree completely with these priorities. I just assume that Domi won't cost too much and he's been so good for us, I don't even want to think about him not being here next year. It's probably going too far to say he's our 3rd most important forward after Matthews and Nylander but the fact that I'm even thinking about that maybe being a reasonable statement says a lot.

My favorite Leafs ATM in no particular order are Rielly, Matthews, Nylander, Woll and Domi.
My Like button is on the fritz so I'll just say well played sir, very well played.

It's HF boards, this is like my 15th account.

You're bragging that you've spent your whole time here on your knees repeating whatever the at the time safest opinion is?

Keep grinding out those achievement awards by sucking up to mods.
LOL wut?

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Are we talking about him as "the best player" now? :) All this about Mitch "shutting down" things (Pasta in this case). From what I saw the two other forwards on his line were at least as present on the defence as him? That being said i do think he has looked better the last couple of games (as have everyone else). Hope he comes through in game 7.
I agree with you...how is Mitch shutting down Pasta who happens to be a right winger like himself? He would be responsible for the left winger playing against him.

With a big salary comes big expectations. We can't sit here and be satisfied because the bar is so low for MM in the playoffs. That's why they get the big money...to perform when it matters.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
This forum....

That's my point, every team has this issue with there superstars. It's hockey, not the NBA.

Maybe we don't run every player out of town. It reminds me of the Kessel bashing while he was finishing top five in scoring.

If Matthews has a bad series next year we can trade him for a lesser talent and get better though right.

It's amateur hour here.

Marner is an elite offensive talent and Pastrnak has managed to keep him to a measly single goal and 3 points through 6 games, I’m just giving credit where credit is due. If not for Pastrnak’s shut down D Marner would be putting up more than twice the amount of points he has so far, so I don’t think it’s very fair to criticize Pasta’s lack of production when the reason for it is that he’s been focusing on keeping elite playoff performer Marner contained.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Bunkis said it best… And I largely agree.

The Core going forward is Matthews, Nylander, Knies, Woll, McCabe.

Great support and built in the image of Treliving Playoff Style
- Benoit, Mcmann, Boosh, Edmundson.

Domi would be KEY if it fits. Give him like 4x4 to wire biscuits and stick up for Mathew’s

Marner won’t take less than Nylander, and sadly so far he hasn’t risen to the level of no ice no space tough hockey…

And we are talking about Boston. A slowing, ageing team with tougher players...

Where is Mini Marner when you have Teams with size and Speed like Vegas, Dallas, NYR, CAR??

The die is set and we need that 13Million for better uses

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Marner is an elite offensive talent and Pastrnak has managed to keep him to a measly single goal and 3 points through 6 games, I’m just giving credit where credit is due. If not for Pastrnak’s shut down D Marner would be putting up more than twice the amount of points he has so far, so I don’t think it’s very fair to criticize Pasta’s lack of production when the reason for it is that he’s been focusing on keeping elite playoff performer Marner contained.
Yeah I agree, I think Pasta is great.

My point is that if Marner was a Bruin and Pasta a Leaf people would be running Pasta out of town and coveting Pasta.

I don't understand these posts but they'll keep coming.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
1714783166741.png

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Even Tavares put on his hard hat, delivering seven hits and taking the puck hard to the net — rather than circle wide — on the winning goal.

“That was a pretty incredible play by (Tavares) there to drive the net and make that play happen,” Knies said. “It all started with him, and then it kind of just fell in my stick and I was fortunate to bury that one and send us back home.”

..Can Marner, who didn't deliver a single bodycheck in Game 5, play with passion?

game 5 - 7 hits for Tavares and OT assist while playing most minutes vs Pastrnak...AND he's 33? Jeez scary to think what 26 year old Marner will look like at 32. He's already useless in elimination games and doesn't hit.

Reactions: sunstersun

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nice spin.

Would you extend or trade Marner then.

We both know the answer.
I didn't 'bash', or mention Pastrnak or Keller or trading Marner. You bring them all up instead of responding to what I said in my post, and new you accuse me of 'spin'?

Laughable.

If we both know whether I'd extend or trade Marner, please tell me.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Yeah I agree, I think Pasta is great.

My point is that if Marner was a Bruin and Pasta a Leaf people would be running Pasta out of town and coveting Pasta.

I don't understand these posts but they'll keep coming.
If you read the Bruins board a bit they are busy running Pasta out of town. It’s just emotion.

15th account lol.. now I’m curious. Moose, is that you?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Not Moose, it's more like 8 accounts over 20s years, first time back in like two years. I'll be gone soon enough.
Can’t blame a guy for taking a guess.

Whatever man, can’t doubt the passion I suppose. Long since my role to get in to it. There’s a name now rolling in my head the pre-dates me, Sluzzo or Sluggo or something, grabbing straws back to posting in NHL boards in 2003 and stuff lol..

Go Leafs Go right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad