Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
The level he needs to be at is so much higher and his abilities can't take him there

He's a regular season player through and through.

I hope treliving chooses him as the one to ship out
I keep hearing this. It's a contract year. His contract sucks. The return is going to be minsucle.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I see it different. He used all his edges just carrying the puck up ice, rather than skate fast.
I saw him play almost every shift between the face off circles, never lower in either end and never closer to the boards.
He is super skilled puck handler, great skater, has in his junior career been a playoff leader but that part of his game has not translated. He appears not to be able or willing to extend himself to playoff level in the NHL.
I have used the word coward, rather poorly, because he is not a coward, but certainly has not performed. AM has figured it out. You can see it.

Marner’s a wimp. We don’t need to c cut around that. This guy plays the most precious game and then you look around at what everyone else is absorbing and dishing out to make plays.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Oh well, I'll take the cap space.

JT and Marner destroyed our team. JT has been worth the contract for exactly the first year. Marner has consistently sucked ASS in the playoffs.
Obviously, I agree with this. But I'm hearing constant nonsense "well trade him for a top dman". No, that's not going to happen. For 1 year of Mitch marner.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Obviously, I agree with this. But I'm hearing constant nonsense "well trade him for a top dman". No, that's not going to happen. For 1 year of Mitch marner.
Best u might get back is Seth Jones out of Chicago

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Pay Marner. He will figure it out one year. You know like Stevie Y and OV did. Lol.
figure what out? He's got it all figured out

He's an elite defensive forward..it's been brought up in this very thread, Keefe said his defence has been elite. If Keefe says so it has to be the case. Doesn't matter that he is supposedly a selke winner but can't read a play and guard the open man, or that he just watches a board battle

also doesn't matter that he can't help the team offensively, or that he can't shoot a puck that isn't 40 feet out

Mitchell Marner, with his Gretzky-IQ already knows everything there is to about playoffs. It's the others fault for not playing the way he wants

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
This might be frustration talking but a package of futures for Marner might be good enough.

1st round pick from a bad team
B+ Prospect

Leafs retain him down to 8.5M to get an extra 2nd or something

So you have your return of good picks, plus cap to spend

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thing is Marner may just be better in a low pressure market

Could easily see him go Kadri if they trade him

Which would be infuriating

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
figure what out? He's got it all figured out

He's an elite defensive forward..it's been brought up in this very thread, Keefe said his defence has been elite. If Keefe says so it has to be the case. Doesn't matter that he is supposedly a selke winner but can't read a play and guard the open man, or that he just watches a board battle

also doesn't matter that he can't help the team offensively, or that he can't shoot a puck that isn't 40 feet out

Mitchell Marner, with his Gretzky-IQ already knows everything there is to about playoffs. It's the others fault for not playing the way he wants
He's actually a stupid player with the dumbest IQ turnovers, puck over the board, and sissy perimeter play in the league.

My god the dude has 11 playoff goals in his CAREER and like half of them are fluky blue line shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad