Mitch Marner or Matthew Tkachuk

Who you got for the next 10 years?

• Total voters

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
There are a number of players like Mitch Marner in the league. There's only one Matty Tkachuk.
Every team wants a Tkachuk. Lots already have a Marner.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ask any fanbase in the west who their most hated player is, it is going to be Tkachuk 90% of the time. He does this while being an offensive catalyst and defensive stalwart.

Tkachuk AINEC, there are a dozen guys in the league who can do what Marner can, put up points. There are 2 guys in the league who can do what Tkachuk does (the other being Marchand).

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think theyre really different players but pretty even as well. I think in a vacuum Toronto would probably take Tkachuk because of how he plays is something the Leafs dont have in their lineup

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There are a number of players like Mitch Marner in the league. There's only one Matty Tkachuk.
Every team wants a Tkachuk. Lots already have a Marner.

Pretty much this, Tkachuk does so many things besides scoring that helps his team.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Tkachuk is a Marchand-type player which is amazing.

This season Marner has been incredible, adding another gear to his offense and strong defense with his role on the PK.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd love Tkachuk on the Leafs but not a chance I would move Marner for him.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Love both of them. Tkachuk might be my favorite player in the league, but gun to my head I probably go with Marner if I'm trying to remain unbiased. Comparing them:

Passing/playmaking ability: Marner > Tkachuk. Tkachuk is a very clever passer just like Marner, but he's not quite the skater Marner is, which makes Mitch just a little more dangerous in that area.

Goal scoring: Tkachuk > Marner. Tkachuk just has a little more diverse toolbox there, being such a good net front presence in addition to the great wristers from the slot the two have.

Driving play: Marner > Tkachuk. Again, this is where skating ability reigns supreme. Tkachuk isn't slow and he's very strong on his edges, but Marner has another gear.

Defense: Both very good, and I'd say about even. Marner gets more takeaways, but Tkachuk is phenomenal on the boards and plays with a level of physicality that is so effective in shoving opposing players out of dangerous areas.

Both guys will be top 10 overall wingers in the league over the next decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00