mississauga extends lease 4 more years

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
http://m.mississauga.com/sports-story/4646773-steelheads-sign-on-for-four-more-years/

Four more years at the chocolate factory looks like ohl hockey in the GTA is sticking around a bit longer.

Good for them. Hopefully with some of the young talent they have (Day, Barwell, McLeod) they can attract some fans!

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
It would be nice, but considering they had a Memorial Cup host team and didn't attract many, I'm not holding out much hope.

Speaking as a season ticket holder from both groups, when they were the Majors never seemed to be a big push to attract fans. The group was great took care of season seat holders but never got the sense they really minded the place being half full. Ownership was never in the building and the perks they gave seat holders it almost seemed like they really didn't mind losing money (some sort of tax thing no doubt)

Since new group came in & team became Steelheads you can tell they want the place full, they are out in the community a lot more, the owner is at almost every game sitting in the stands with the fans always willing to chat, and the game day production is far and away better one of the best in the league based on the road trips I've done, attendance has gone up not a huge jump but has gone up for sure. I would love to see what this ownership group would do with a powerhouse team like St. Mike's had.

Not saying all will be saved still a tough sell in the gta, just saying not fair to condemn to fail based on what the Majors group did.

Don't doubt the trout!

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Speaking as a season ticket holder from both groups, when they were the Majors never seemed to be a big push to attract fans. The group was great took care of season seat holders but never got the sense they really minded the place being half full. Ownership was never in the building and the perks they gave seat holders it almost seemed like they really didn't mind losing money (some sort of tax thing no doubt)

Since new group came in & team became Steelheads you can tell they want the place full, they are out in the community a lot more, the owner is at almost every game sitting in the stands with the fans always willing to chat, and the game day production is far and away better one of the best in the league based on the road trips I've done, attendance has gone up not a huge jump but has gone up for sure. I would love to see what this ownership group would do with a powerhouse team like St. Mike's had.

Not saying all will be saved still a tough sell in the gta, just saying not fair to condemn to fail based on what the Majors group did.

Don't doubt the trout![/QUOTE]

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad