Misconduct Was the Red Wings' Winter Classic Jersey Leaked Via eBay?

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Yep, that's it. I just had a sales rep show me those two exact photos 20 mins ago. I think those are pretty sweet and hope that they don't change them up before next year.

snizzbone*

If this is legit and the leaked Leafs jersey is legit, that means the Classic is going to be a red vs blue game. Colour vs colour doesn't happen too much in hockey, but it will look great. Hopefully it snows as well :).

crashman

they look awesome, and so do the Leafs.

I've liked almost every winter classic jersey thus far, but the Pens baby blue was kinda, well baby looking. I guess it was because I just picture Crosby wearing it. I wasn't crazy about the Bruins logo either, but the rest of jersey was cool.

sepster

Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
The Toronto jersey is the navy jersey with the original Leaf logo and the white stripes down the arms and the waist. those look pretty sharp as well.

sepster

Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
they look awesome, and so do the Leafs.

I've liked almost every winter classic jersey thus far, but the Pens baby blue was kinda, well baby looking. I guess it was because I just picture Crosby wearing it. I wasn't crazy about the Bruins logo either, but the rest of jersey was cool.

Ha, I was also told today that the Penguins have dropped their Blue 3rd jerseys because Crysby complained he didn't want to wear it anymore due to him being injured in it and he's too superstitious. I'm not kidding, the apparel guys at Reebok said they heard the rumor about it a week or so ago and then the official email came through the other day saying those jerseys were being dropped from the line. Some of the reps were irritated because those were really well selling SKUs for them.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I like them other than the number scheme. That 3 is annoying looking lol

Really? The numbers and letters are my favorite part.

The overall design is kind of meh. But I'm not really of solids anyways. Still wish the road were homes and vise versa again.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I don't mind them not using another throwback...it's more of a concept throwback like the Flyers had a couple years ago. Those both are good looking sweaters...

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I think they are a concept, the page says "what we can expect to see the Wings' wearing when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2014 Winter Classic?" I agree with Shoalzie. They are nice looking sweaters but wouldn't mind seeing something non throwback as well. I do think that either way both teams should go the same route. Throwback-throwback or something new-something new.

sepster

Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Those are not a concept. That is what the teams were going to wear had the game been played this year. Now, if they just push those styles forward to next year or go with something new remains to be seen. But, those are definitely what was going to be used for the 2013 Winter Classic.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Those are not a concept. That is what the teams were going to wear had the game been played this year. Now, if they just push those styles forward to next year or go with something new remains to be seen. But, those are definitely what was going to be used for the 2013 Winter Classic.

Nice, thanks for the updates. I do like the general look of the Detroit jersey.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I really really like the 09 Winter Classic jersey the wings used. Why can't they use that again just with the home colours?

Yeah, I loved those jerseys, and love the "D" logo too. I'd prefer those jerseys in home colors to these new ones, but they're not terrible. I think the Leafs jersey is going to look fantastic on the ice, too.

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
I was hoping they'd just go with the Howe-era uniforms, with the slightly darker shade of red and the smaller, vintage winged wheel. The stripes on the collarbone and the DETROIT wordmark make it way too busy looking, it's like a Frankenstein of those awful striped heritage jerseys from a few years ago. I was really psyched for getting a new jersey since I can't really bring myself to justify getting the same style over and over, but if this is really what they're going with I'm not so sure anymore.

I love that font though.

EDIT: I just noticed, that jersey does not have the Winter Classic emblem patch on it. Maybe it's a chinese bootleg mash-up based on those t-shirt leaks? Hmm.

BeerLeagueAllStar

Dec 27, 2009
Vermont
I think they look pretty good, only thing I'd like to see is the white "D" logo from the '09 jerseys in the center and the winged wheel on the shoulders.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Being a fan of an original 6 team whose jerseys haven't changed much since the first one. Any change in the jersey will alleys be received with mixed acceptance and enthusiasm. Whatever they wear I'm sure they will do it right. (As long as the person on acid who designed the penguins blue WC Jerseys isn't involved) haha

sepster

Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Being a fan of an original 6 team whose jerseys haven't changed much since the first one. Any change in the jersey will alleys be received with mixed acceptance and enthusiasm. Whatever they wear I'm sure they will do it right. (As long as the person on acid who designed the penguins blue WC Jerseys isn't involved) haha

You know Pittsburgh came into the NHL wearing Navy, Light Blue and White, correct? Their WC jerseys are a homage to the jerseys they wore starting in their 2nd season (1968-71).

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56510

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Not bad. Definitely preferred the 09 ones and would've gone with the old retro look

DetroitRedWingsVintage-HockeyJersey.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad