OT: Miscellaneous NHL Talk XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ8812*

Oh yeah, I just took another look & it's more than one person suggesting this now.

I get that it was not the place nor the time for something like that making it unnecessary on Lucic's part but man some people need to lighten up. He didn't literally mean he wants to impose death on Weise. :laugh:

Remember, these are the same fans that wanted to press charges for the Chara/Paccioretty incident

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Could it be a grosser ECF?! Habs vs Rags
Boston/Pittsburgh would have been much, much worse.

Glad Boston is out. I've grown tired of their jackassery.

yup same here. not having to listen to those cocky, arrogant jackasses for the rest of the summer is going to be nice. and I am talking about around here btw. having to listen to it is worse then any message board stuff.

I have no problem with what Lucic said. The Habs act tough behind the refs all the time, and Subban is the worst at that.

I'd love to see Lucic pound Subban into the ice next season

Lucic is a classless punk. Dude can dish out the crap but he cant take it. just like so many guys on that team. the amount of guys I have respect for on the Bruins I can count on one hand.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
I'd like to see Ducks beat the Habs in Bell centre while Koivu scores the series winning goal in OT

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oh yeah, I just took another look & it's more than one person suggesting this now.

I get that it was not the place nor the time for something like that making it unnecessary on Lucic's part but man some people need to lighten up. He didn't literally mean he wants to impose death on Weise. :laugh:

It just makes Lucic look pathetic.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I am okay with Lucic telling the guy how he feels.

People are to sensitive

Honestly, I could see myself doing something similar.

This is indefensible. Im sure that every time the Bruins have won a series someone has wanted to say something along the lines Marachand, but they havent( at least as far as we know). He should be old enough to shake the other teams hand without saying this.

RJ8812*

wah wah wah

everyone is so sensitive now

People whine about this, and they also whine about Hextall calling out the Oilers

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This is indefensible. Im sure that every time the Bruins have won a series someone has wanted to say something along the lines Marachand, but they havent( at least as far as we know). He should be old enough to shake the other teams hand without saying this.

Or at least not be a dick to your own fans. That's my favorite part about all of this. Guy is such a big baby he can't even salute his fans for a second before jetting off the ice.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I wonder what Boston will do. 4.5 in bonus overages and now they have around 3 million for a lot of crucial players to sign. RFA's are Smith, Krug, Bartkowski and UFA's in Iggy and Thornton. They really need to make room for those RFA's and it will be interesting to see who they ship out.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Without looking into what things were booked at which stadium can someone explain to me how the Penguins and Rangers were in such a rush to get their series played that the Rangers had to play 5 games in 7 days, and yet the Kings and Ducks are going to play Game 7 three full days after the Pens/Rangers Game 7.

RJ8812*

I wonder what Boston will do. 4.5 in bonus overages and now they have around 3 million for a lot of crucial players to sign. RFA's are Smith, Krug, Bartkowski and UFA's in Iggy and Thornton. They really need to make room for those RFA's and it will be interesting to see who they ship out.

they're fine. most fans think Kelly with be bought-out

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ

Is it something that has to be defended? It certainly isn't in the spirit of good sportsmanship.

It opens him up to criticism, but some people are okay with that.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
they're fine. most fans think Kelly with be bought-out

I don't know, we always seem to think it is simple with the cap in the offseason and then a team has to make more moves than thought of. Even if they buy Kelly out they will still have only around 6 million to sign a couple of guys who will looking for a good chunk of change and improve their team. I think they might make a move or two that might surprise people. Marchand might be the one player who goes, just a gut feeling.

Edler I believe will be a Bruin next year too. Bartkowski I think might be a part of the package. They really wanted him at the deadline. Had a deal in place but when Pitt couldn't get Kesler it feel apart.

That's also what I am worried about, Kesler to Pitt would be terrible. I wouldn't mind Kesler here but not at the price of Schenn. Which is probably the only thing they want that's realistic.

RJ8812*

I don't know, we always seem to think it is simple with the cap in the offseason and then a team has to make more moves than thought of. Even if they buy Kelly out they will still have only around 6 million to sign a couple of guys who will looking for a good chunk of change and improve their team. I think they might make a move or two that might surprise people. Marchand might be the one player who goes, just a gut feeling.

Going by what Bruins fans think will happen, if they buy-out Kelly, trade McQuaid and factor in Savard LTIR money, they'll have $16m in cap space, or $13m if you factor in Iginla's bonuses (assuming the cap is $71m)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Going by what Bruins fans think will happen, if they buy-out Kelly, trade McQuaid and factor in Savard LTIR money, they'll have $16m in cap space, or $13m if you factor in Iginla's bonuses (assuming the cap is $71m)

Bettman said it'll be 69-70. So say 69.5

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

You have to have Savards cap hit on their to begin the season though. Flyer fans do the same thing with Pronger. They can't be over the cap to start the official year and I know you know that. That number is incredibly high.

7.5 on a 71.1 million cap(which might be high)

4.5 in bonus money. Leaves them with 3 million. Now they buy out Kelly that gives them 6 and trade McQuaid that gives them another 1.5. That's 7.5 million to sign their key free agents. Fans try to manipulate the cap all the time but it rarely works. Have to be under to start the year so Savard then goes on LTIR with his cap hit. I think the situation is a little more bleak than they let on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad