Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 12 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Since they first did it I've thought the Canes postgame thing is really dumb, but that apparently makes me a fun hating curmudgeon or something according to the main boards. Like LoD it doesn't bother me or anything though. Not even remotely worth getting angry or worked up about one way or the other, lol.

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I read through Brent Sopel's Twitter feed after that thread about him on the main boards popped up and he really does seem like a grumpy old man at forty-something, lol. Besides the Canes celebration, he also hates football and Halloween, among other things, with a burning passion. And he seems like the "stop enjoying things I don't like" kind of guy :laugh:

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I want every single team in the NHL to start ripping off the Canes' postgame celebrations just to piss off guys like him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We talk about hockey dinosaurs but Cherry is a fossil.

What an annoying sack of shit.

The celebrations are stupid but it’s such a non-issue that I have no idea why he even cares. Hopefully they’ll do it in the playoffs at some point and his head will explode.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

What an annoying sack of ****.

The celebrations are stupid but it’s such a non-issue that I have no idea why he even cares. Hopefully they’ll do it in the playoffs at some point and his head will explode.

I actually didn't think Canadians were even capable of being that salty.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

What an annoying sack of ****.

This rant from back in the day was a good one. I don’t think he ever came up for air during that whole thing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

This rant from back in the day was a good one. I don’t think he ever came up for air during that whole thing.

b7e4d13af42f9f679cb8c918f6cb3e13--sweet-memes-dankest-memes.jpg

The stupidity is overpowering

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Carolina won & Columbus is about to as well barring something crazy.

If the Flyers were in the West they’d be in the last wild card spot by a point. Instead they’re about to be 7 points out of the last spot in the East.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Carolina won & Columbus is about to as well barring something crazy.

If the Flyers were in the West they’d be in the last wild card spot by a point. Instead they’re about to be 7 points out of the last spot in the East.
Like I was expecting we are now chasing Carolina. Good news is we have a game in hand. And Carolina usually falls off at the end. And they are getting miracle goaltending by mrazek that will end at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad