Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Matt Carle reunited with Lavy

Kris Russell still unsigned.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Maybe it's about winning? Preds have a good team. He's getting paid 1.8MM I think this year anyway. So now he's taking home about 2.5MM a year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Guy really got pennies. I'd take him over manning...

Me too. While Carle is no superstar, no reason Manning should be making more money than him. I could even see him getting taken in an expansion draft potentially depending on how things shake out.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
For a defenseman, the Preds are a better situation than the Flyers. I doubt he comes back here with an unstable D, new coach, etc. Some guys like knowing they're slotted a lil lower in the line-up.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Carle carries more pedigree based on the past but him & Manning are about the same level of garbage right now.

Carle went about 40 or so games without recording a point last year to start out the season. That's goon level stuff right there.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It's so short-sighted to just say something like "I'd rather have Carle." Manning got 2 years, Carle 1 year. For the 100th time, we needed a guy with 2 years. We don't know if Carle would have taken 2 years at such little money (probably not). Plus in Nashville he is reunited with Lavy.

Carle sucks, anyway...
Story%201_zpshgh35erc.png

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He almost took a job with Toronto last offseason but ultimately decided against it because of the strength of the team Brandon was slated to have this past year.

Probably the best time to strike while the iron is hot.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
It's so short-sighted to just say something like "I'd rather have Carle." Manning got 2 years, Carle 1 year. For the 100th time, we needed a guy with 2 years. We don't know if Carle would have taken 2 years at such little money (probably not). Plus in Nashville he is reunited with Lavy.

Carle sucks, anyway...
Story%201_zpshgh35erc.png

Is this chart telling me that Brandon Manning's shot generation and possession stats were that of a top 2 defensemen?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Is this chart telling me that Brandon Manning's shot generation and possession stats were that of a top 2 defensemen?

They will also tell you that Colin Miller, Jakub Kindl, Barrett Jackman & Frank Corrado were elite last year...

and indicate Alex Pietrangelo, Roman Josi & John Carlsson are below average Dmen.

as Corsi rel without Corsi, Zone starts, QoC, QoT, WOWY, High Danger chance% etc is pretty useless on it's own.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
The whole friendliest/unfriendliest thread is hilarious for anyone that has missed out and wants to read it.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
The whole friendliest/unfriendliest thread is hilarious for anyone that has missed out and wants to read it.

So is the thread about which center you would take, health not being a factor...Lindros is one of the options and apparently guys think he was just "big and physical" and nothing else :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad