Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXI: The one that began when April ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Calgary came that close to losing despite 60 shots.
Who needs talent or a HC? Just get a hot goalie and cross your fingers!

Dallas really isn't a very good team, when Raffl (bless his heart) is 6th in TOI among your forwards, you are really thin - he's a great 4th line guy, a passable 3rd line guy, but if he's in your top six, . . .
Regular season, +10 on STs, -21 at ES.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Dallas really isn't a very good team, when Raffl (bless his heart) is 6th in TOI among your forwards, you are really thin - he's a great 4th line guy, a passable 3rd line guy, but if he's in your top six, . . .

Talent and a good HC gets you to Cups. A hot goalie gets you a series or two, but doesn't win a Cup on their own. Ask Hasek.

It's all about maximizing the chance to win, and praying for a hot goalie at the right time does not do that

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

c4dc02a38b40ce07a98bbd280db843a1.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Talent and a good HC gets you to Cups. A hot goalie gets you a series or two, but doesn't win a Cup on their own. Ask Hasek.

It's all about maximizing the chance to win, and praying for a hot goalie at the right time does not do that
I think it might have been that sarcasm thing that he was talking about but again his posting history makes it impossible to tell.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

More sarcasm?

Reactions: Cody Webster

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This pic screams D1 athlete

View attachment 547832
I didn’t look at his profile pic but I’m going to make the assumption that DU is Drexel University based off of the hat. Now unless something has changed recently or I’m just completely wrong... Drexel doesn’t have a team in the NCAA. They have a glorified club team.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Guys, why can I not insert pics? The insert link button in the text field is greyed out. Forces me to just post think actual link. I can't do anything - bold, italicize, etc. On mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad