Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXI: The highway on which the bleachers are out in the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
f*** it. I’ve been broken.

Give me Montreal vs NYI. It’s been an ass time with Covid.

Let’s commit to it and end this shit off once and for all. Im down for an ass final.
No No No. I need Tampa to stay in it for my pool.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It would be ironic if Habs the last team from Canada end up being team to finally win

Also Leaf fans would be so pissed and depressed
Nope...they would be cheering because a team from Canada won. Sarcasm of course.

But I will say, I have seen lots of these type of comments "I will cheer for the Habs just so the people who said the North division was shit, can suck it". Lol.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
THEY THREW BEER CANS ONTO THE ICE. How anyone could actually defend something like that is mind blowing. Although I can’t say it’s unexpected.
I didn’t say it wasn’t stupid. I said I didn’t need the snooty lecture by Olczyk. Drunk elated fans do stupid things. News at 11.

Reactions: WIP CALLER

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
But I will say, I have seen lots of these type of comments "I will cheer for the Habs just so the people who said the North division was shit, can suck it". Lol.
omg-shocked.gif

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Would be there be any chance of more fans in Montreal for a Cup final?

I don't think the matchup would be all that bad. Two hardcore fanbases that haven't had a cup in a long time.

Atmosphere would be crazy on LI, unfortunate if MTL can't have more.

I work with a guy that managed to go to a Habs game in 2010 when they beat Washington in OT.

The story I got was an absolutely bonkers atmosphere, leading to low key rioting down St Catherine’s (kind of a main thoroughfare) with strippers on the sidewalks.

They aren’t my team but it’s unfortunate the experience will be limited. I’d love to be there, they are by all accounts beautiful loons.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
Would be there be any chance of more fans in Montreal for a Cup final?

I don't think the matchup would be all that bad. Two hardcore fanbases that haven't had a cup in a long time.

Atmosphere would be crazy on LI, unfortunate if MTL can't have more.
Quebec has been loosening there restrictions lately so they probably would be able to have more fans.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I work with a guy that managed to go to a Habs game in 2010 when they beat Washington in OT.

The story I got was an absolutely bonkers atmosphere, leading to low key rioting down St Catherine’s (kind of a main thoroughfare) with strippers on the sidewalks.

They aren’t my team but it’s unfortunate the experience will be limited. I’d love to be there, they are by all accounts beautiful loons.
I was looking into going to tonight's game. Tickets were like $400 a pop, couldn't justify it unfortunately. After seeing the result it may have been worth it though.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
No No No. I need Tampa to stay in it for my pool.

Ahhhb f*** em.

At the end of the day would I want to see them more than NYI? Of course.

Will I also kind of enjoy seeing them bounced after the Kucherov BS?

Covid has been ass. I’m committing to the theme.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
Ahhhb f*** em.

At the end of the day would I want to see them more than NYI? Of course.

Will I also kind of enjoy seeing them bounced after the Kucherov BS?

Covid has been ass. I’m committing to the theme.
I'm just being biased to win bragging rights within my family. Hahaha

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I was looking into going to tonight's game. Tickets were like $400 a pop, couldn't justify it unfortunately. After seeing the result it may have been worth it though.

Go for it if they make the final. Why not?

I don’t hold any kind of proud allegiance to the Flyers at this point to not cheer for someone else even if it’s in a casual sense.

I enjoy the game itself and the atmosphere more than this actual club for years now.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Go for it if they make the final. Why not?

I don’t hold any kind of proud allegiance to the Flyers at this point to not cheer for someone else even if it’s in a casual sense.

I enjoy the game itself and the atmosphere more than this actual club for years now.
Yeah wouldn't necessarily be cheering for them. Just for the history aspect, playoff hockey atmosphere.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Cut the crowd a break for throwing beer cans and where the player that just scored the game winning goal said he was afraid to go out onto the ice?

What planet am I living on? The idea of throwing an object onto the ice wouldn’t ever even cross my mind in that situation if it was the Flyers and I was at the game.
OK, but lets just say - hypothetically, of course - you're like 5 feet away from Therrien and you happen to have a cinderblock taped under your seat...

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Yeah wouldn't necessarily be cheering for them. Just for the history aspect, playoff hockey atmosphere.

Montreal isn’t some genius dynamo by any means, but I can slightly respect a club that has built itself to maximize its strengths. In essence, around Carey Price.

The Flyers have wasted Giroux’s time. I still chuckle that they fired Julien, and have apparent higher internal standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad