Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LVII: Pre-Lockout Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I came here to start a thread on this. The Inquirer actually used the phrase "season in jeopardy" today. The Nhl is smarter for looking to push back the start, but the labor issues now seem like more of a threat than the virus.

For the record, I think the NBa is being ridiculous starting in Dec. The only thing is that they have far less people to track than the other leagues.

The labor issues are the usual millionaires vs billion dollar corporations issue. In terms of economy, I side with the owners on renegotiating. Players have to be realistic.

I also think the idea of 4 relative bubbles for the 4 divisions is a good idea. It is best in the east, where cities are bus drives away. Making 4 true bible cites would be very expensive for even a 2 month reg season.

I think they are best to look at cramming a 48 game season in between 3/1 and 5/15. Then run playoffs right up to the Olympics in mid July. The economics will be tough no matter what they do this year.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Leave it to Bill to answer.....

f7FdEdG_d.webp

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The NHL doesn't have as much roster flexibility as the NFL, nor do they make anywhere near as much TV money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad