NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I'm waffling between Carolina won and the Isles lost.

They had 1 shot in the third. That was a Hakshell for the ages.
1713843262290.png

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This has been said about several cores that were kept together and eventually won Cups, though

What core was kept completely intact?

When Caps won it was after Semin, Green and Alzer were gone. All 3 guys were once "Core" guys

When TB won it was after moving on from Bishop and Stralman who were core pieces of teams that "Couldn't get over hump"

Famously the Wings traded Ciccarelli, Coffey and Primeau in major shakeup of core/team after 96 playoff exit

And Caps and TB both also made major trades of young high profile NHL talents that were supposed to be core pieces/stars to build around in Drouin and Varlamov

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Watching kings oilers highlights I just realized Jets drafted Laine, cut the bait and traded him fo PLD, cut the bait again and have Vilardi now. Interesting to see them pivot twice after investing so much capital in a player/deal. Meanwhile flyers can't bring themselves to trade seeler.

Last edited:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have One Idea for a rearrangement.

Into Metro: TB and FL

Into Atlantic: Columbus, NYI.

We fix the ridiculousness that is having the two outlier Florida franchises in the NE division. If anything this will serve Bettman's obsession with US TV contracts more, because playing most Metro teams will draw a lot more attention than the Canadian ones. Meanwhile, having a NY team play Canadian teams has to boost viewship of the Isles a ton.

We get rid of Ohio.

Beef is a genius.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I have One Idea for a rearrangement.

Into Metro: TB and FL

Into Atlantic: Columbus, NYI.

We fix the ridiculousness that is having the two outlier Florida franchises in the NE division. If anything this will serve Bettman's obsession with US TV contracts more, because playing most Metro teams will draw a lot more attention than the Canadian ones. Meanwhile, having a NY team play Canadian teams has to boost viewship of the Isles a ton.

We get rid of Ohio.

Beef is a genius.
Can we also re-name the metro while we’re at it?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers and Penguins both definitely care that they be in the same division, that was brought up the last few times they went through realignment. You also had Crosby passing through New York however many times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad