NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CII: Post-Trade Deadline Edition (POLL: Pick the 2024 Cup winner) -- consolidated transactions threads in OP

Now Who is Your 2024 Stanley Cup Winner?

• Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boston Bruins

• Buffalo Sabres

• Calgary Flames

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

• Edmonton Oilers

• Los Angeles Kings

• Minnesota Wild

• Montreal Canadiens

• Nashville Predators

• New Jersey Devils

• New York Islanders

• Ottawa Senators

• Pittsburgh Penguins

• Seattle Kraken

• St. Louis Blues

• Tampa Bay Lightning

• Washington Capitals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder how many beat writers in the past just lied and ignored their bad takes like that and never really had any way for people to hold them accountable unless some dude went to the library and looked through the microfiche and then shared their findings with some people in a Usenet group.
I'd have been cutting out and saving every stupid take from their articles like:

1713234469650.png

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I’ll never forgive these cornballs for moving Ghost
Ghost was a dumb GM being a dumb GM. Top 3 worst, most embarrassingly hilarious move in franchise history of course- not like I'm making any excuses. The Giroux thing though? THAT'S the cornball move. For me, that will forever harbor seething hatred.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I’m not usually a Charlie complainer, but “Aged very poorly” is way over the disingenuous line. Everyone with a thought in their heads knew it was shit at the time.
Side note: usually I describe Brutus as "never having a thought". The difference is that in his case, it is wholly and truly endearing.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Ghost was just a dumb GM being a dumb GM. The Giroux thing? That's a cornball move. For me, that will forever harbor seething hatred.
Moving Ghost
Signing Hayes
Hiring AV and his monkey boy sidekick
Acquiring Fisto
Extending Fisto
Trading Giroux
Hiring Torts
Signing Nic D
Promoting Keith Jones
Not trading Laughton
Extending Seeler
Keeping Rocky to run the pp

Hard to believe that any franchise can make this many asinine moves in only 5 years.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Moving Ghost
Signing Hayes
Acquiring Fisto
Extending Fisto
Trading Giroux
Hiring Torts
Signing Nic D
Promoting Keith Jones
Not trading Laughton
Extending Seeler

Hard to believe that any franchise can make this many asinine moves in only 5 years.
Don't forget signing known racist intolerant asshole clown Tony DeAngelo then trading him and not re-signing the returned prospect lol

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Moving Ghost
Signing Hayes
Acquiring Fisto
Extending Fisto
Trading Giroux
Hiring Torts
Signing Nic D
Promoting Keith Jones
Not trading Laughton
Extending Seeler

I’m sure there are additional stupid decisions that could still be added to the list

Reactions: BiggE

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s not so much getting rid of Gostisbehere. He is/was a secondary player not a cornerstone player. So those guys do have shelf life. It’s more the process leading up & after that was absolutely horrendous with no hindsight needed.

You gave up on him in the years leading up to the trade essentially advertising to the entire league you were done with him. So then you forced yourself into a situation where you had to pay for him to leave. Then you used more draft compensation & the cap savings to get out & get a worse defensemen in Ristolainen. You did this awhile the team was on the decline which again wasn’t hard to predict & it blew up completely in their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad