Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Playoffs Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
LOL@ the post game thread title on the Pens board. Welcome to what everyone else has to deal with.
lol that is the definition of irony. I guess a poorly reffed game for a pens fan is one where the refs aren't completely slanted towards the pens. weird how I never see them complain about being gifted a power play seemingly any time they are behind late in the 3rd. when that doesn't happen it's the refs fault they lose... what a bunch of entitled babies. I can't wait for Malkin and Crosby to retire so that team can go back to being irrelevant and being threatened to move every off season.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Doc and Pierre are awful. I can't stand Docs voice it is like nails on a chalkboard. It's so blatent the love affair they have with Crosby and the Pens and it ruins the broadcast.

I don't understand how after all of these years we still have to deal with Milbury, Doc and Pierre.

imfree19

Apr 16, 2012
I dont understand why so many people have said that the Sens play "boring" hockey this year. Yes, I know that they play the trap.. but they are still high energy, they play an exciting offensive strategy, and they score great goals. I, for one, enjoy watching good defense as well.

The Rangers are boring. The Devils are boring. Montreal is boring. But I really dont think the same about the Sens.

A Sens/Preds final would be awesome and a well-needed change for the NHL.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I dont understand why so many people have said that the Sens play "boring" hockey this year. Yes, I know that they play the trap.. but they are still high energy, they play an exciting offensive strategy, and they score great goals.

The Rangers are boring. The Devils are boring. Montreal is boring. But I really dont think the same about the Sens.

A Sens/Preds final would be awesome and a well-needed change for the NHL.
What I find even more absurd is how everyone who is critical of money crazed Bettman is suddenly concerned about ratings.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Doc and Pierre are awful. I can't stand Docs voice it is like nails on a chalkboard. It's so blatent the love affair they have with Crosby and the Pens and it ruins the broadcast.

I don't understand how after all of these years we still have to deal with Milbury, Doc and Pierre.
it really is tough to listen to the games they call. last night was like listening to a pens local broadcast and every game with the pens is like that. it sucks and ruins watching a game. the national broadcast should be as unbiased as possible but these guys basically have pens banana hammocks on under their suits. even games not featuring the pens they are just so annoying and say flat out idiotic statements routinely. they are by far the worst and most annoying national broadcast team in sports which is saying something when you have joe buck/troy aikman and the mnf team out there... if the league was serious about attracting new fans they'd pick a pbp guy who's voice doesn't annoy half of the viewing audience and color guys that don't have the iq of a shoe(Eddie o) or remind you of someone sitting across from Chris Hanson(pierre). I will feel like the flyers winning an overtime game 7 when doc retires and that crew is dismantled . it's gotta be soon... doc looks like he s got one foot in the grave.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
lol that is the definition of irony. I guess a poorly reffed game for a pens fan is one where the refs aren't completely slanted towards the pens. weird how I never see them complain about being gifted a power play seemingly any time they are behind late in the 3rd. when that doesn't happen it's the refs fault they lose... what a bunch of entitled babies. I can't wait for Malkin and Crosby to retire so that team can go back to being irrelevant and being threatened to move every off season.

Their PGT and twitter meltdown is laughable.

Even saying the league should fold because they lost Game 6.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
it really is tough to listen to the games they call. last night was like listening to a pens local broadcast and every game with the pens is like that. it sucks and ruins watching a game. the national broadcast should be as unbiased as possible but these guys basically have pens banana hammocks on under their suits. even games not featuring the pens they are just so annoying and say flat out idiotic statements routinely. they are by far the worst and most annoying national broadcast team in sports which is saying something when you have joe buck/troy aikman and the mnf team out there... if the league was serious about attracting new fans they'd pick a pbp guy who's voice doesn't annoy half of the viewing audience and color guys that don't have the iq of a shoe(Eddie o) or remind you of someone sitting across from Chris Hanson(pierre). I will feel like the flyers winning an overtime game 7 when doc retires and that crew is dismantled . it's gotta be soon... doc looks like he s got one foot in the grave.

He gave it away when he said the following, which is a direct quote*

"The thing that connects 'pens' and 'penis' is I."

*May not actually be a direct quote.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The national broadcast should be trying to grow the sport. Instead, they detract fans.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I would hate it if the national broadcast were acting like that every single game for my team. I dont know how anyone can enjoy it honestly.
If the Flyers become every year Cup contenders and the NBC crew or whoever called games like they are now for the Flyers I would hate it.
call it down the middle. it isnt that hard.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I actually laugh over the notion that Crosby should retire as some form of punishment to the league because he gets roughed up as if Crosby is just driving droves of fans outside of Pittsburgh to tv's. :laugh:

This isn't the NBA. Hockey is niche sport.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

Emrick and Pierre make Milbury look good which shows how bad they are. It stuns me that the people who run NBC sports aren't aware of how much these two aggravate the viewers to the point where some people won't watch their broadcasts.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
The Flyers sub on Reddit is just killing it right now.

[LINK]

9b3ae48cngzy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Caught the 3rd period.

Yeah, there was the egregious glove in face to Sidney, but nothing else I saw, and that's not in the "elbow to the noggin of Giroux" kind of dirty that often doesn't get called.

And it's not like Sidney can't take care of himself, I mean we didn't expect petty stuff to be called when Lindros was involved (shots to the head, if we knew then what we know now about concussions . . . ).

It was a hard hitting playoff game, that's how they're supposed to be played, and the too many men on the ice, about as flagrant as I've ever seen.

Don't know what the Penguin fans are blathering about, Anderson played out of his head and beat them fair and square.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
I actually laugh over the notion that Crosby should retire as some form of punishment to the league because he gets roughed up as if Crosby is just driving droves of fans outside of Pittsburgh to tv's. :laugh:

This isn't the NBA. Hockey is niche sport.

DAePbxwXUAArQYh.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
2012 Kings 1.57GAA
2017 Nashville 1.81GAA
2008 Penguins 1.86GAA
2013 Bruins 1.88GAA
2008 Red Wings 1.94GAA
2013 Blackhawks 1.94GAA

The fewest goals against per game average by a team to advance to the finals in the last ten years. The Kings, Red Wings, & Blackhawks won the cup those years.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
2012 Kings 1.57GAA
2017 Nashville 1.81GAA
2008 Penguins 1.86GAA
2013 Bruins 1.88GAA
2008 Red Wings 1.94GAA
2013 Blackhawks 1.94GAA

The fewest goals against per game average by a team to advance to the finals in the last ten years. The Kings, Red Wings, & Blackhawks won the cup those years.

I always thought the Bruins vs. Hawks was the best series post - first lockout. This stat confirms to me my belief that the 2 best teams actually met in the Finals that year.

Edit: I guess the same could be said about the Pens vs Wings in 08, but I was probably too agitated to properly enjoy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad