Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Playoffs Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Cody Webster said:
They usually are the result of having lost and arguement but not willing to admit defeat. My dad can beat up your dad!

Hell I played through college but I don't fell like it has any relevance

Your argument is that players can't make decisions in a second--which is utterly nonesense. If you have experience, please use it.

Hollywood Couturier said:
Did Niskanen hit Crosby with his stick on purpose? Yes.

Hollywood Couturier said:
Because he lifted his arms and stick as a natural reaction, it isn't a conscious decision....

He didn't intentionally hit Crosby in the head with his stick...

Make up your mind.

What a joke, boys. Can we just call this done, this is a waste. Rebel and Cody, you guys don't think players can make deliberate dexterous decisions and actions in a second, we can disagree.... Hollywood, you just can't make up your mind, so I can't agree or disagree. There's nothing left to say.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shattenkirk had never scored a power play goal in the playoffs before that.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
C-yO8a7XUAEHzU5

:laugh:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
tymed, I'm with you, but it's not a battle worth fighting.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just thought it a touch odd Niskanen, after the hit, never looks down at Crosby, which is an instinctual thing to do, and looks like he's trying as hard as possible to not look down for even a split second, just staring blankly ahead pretending to be ultra-focused on the play like nothing happened. He knew he hit him up high, whatever went into his mind before. He was tied up with him too afterwards and had to step over him.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
How on earth can you think that is an intentional hit to the head? I'd venture to guess its pretty difficult to aim for someone's heading while they are falling down and hit them in the head with the stick.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
How on earth can you think that is an intentional hit to the head? I'd venture to guess its pretty difficult to aim for someone's heading while they are falling down and hit them in the head with the stick.

It wasnt but its the NHL golden boy. So niskanen will get 50 games cause in the NHL you're not allowed to hit the golden boy.

All I gotta say is karma is a *****. I'll never wish injury upon anyone but I'll never forget what a piece of garbage Crosby is. I'll never forget the broken wrist he has given players with his slashes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What a joke, boys. Can we just call this done, this is a waste. Rebel and Cody, you guys don't think players can make deliberate dexterous decisions and actions in a second, we can disagree.... Hollywood, you just can't make up your mind, so I can't agree or disagree. There's nothing left to say.

I dont care and have moved on. Leave me out of this :laugh:

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I dont care and have moved on. Leave me out of this :laugh:

As said in previous thread, you quoted and questioned my opinion, not the other way around, we both agreed to disagree and you were left out of it until a page later you decided to comment on my same opinion again. I didn't bring you back in, you brought yourself into it for the second time--just to clear that up.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I just thought it a touch odd Niskanen, after the hit, never looks down at Crosby, which is an instinctual thing to do, and looks like he's trying as hard as possible to not look down for even a split second, just staring blankly ahead pretending to be ultra-focused on the play like nothing happened. He knew he hit him up high, whatever went into his mind before. He was tied up with him too afterwards and had to step over him.

It's just part of the game and most games for the matter, every single player in competition does little things like this. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. You're pointing out one of many ways that human beings in general act when they try to get away with anything. It's not even a big deal, the game, like anything is littered with it, competitors are trying to win. No surprises here. If I were Niskanen, I'm likely making the same decision.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I need two things, please.

1. Next season, the first time (and every time after that) I complain about Mr. David Hakstol's dead-cow blank stare and lack of emotion, I would appreciate if someone would gently whisper the following three words in italics:

Mike. ****ing. Sullivan.

2. If it's not too much trouble, could someone please explain to me how it came to pass that when I turned on the TSN broadcast - THE TSN BROADCAST - I was forced to endure Bob m***erf***ing Cole? Anyone? For ****'s blind and blessed sake.

I can't even with this sack of ****ing ... whatever. ****!

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
It's just part of the game and most games for the matter, every single player in competition does little things like this. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. You're pointing out one of many ways that human beings in general act when they try to get away with anything. It's not even a big deal, the game, like anything is littered with it, competitors are trying to win. No surprises here. If I were Niskanen, I'm likely making the same decision.

Intentional or not, there should be no sympathy for Crosby. He is a dirty player (see what he did to Ryan oreilly) and the league has been protecting him from actually paying for those plays. I had said a high hit on Crosby would make the Penguins lose their minds and that's exactly what happened. If Crosby comes back, I would have some one punch him in the face to set them off again.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't watch any Pens games, but it doesn't sound like teams really go after him. I get it could be tough and it may take you off your game a bit, but if you can make his life pretty miserable early, it could give you a chance, if you leave him alone, he's going to kill you.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I need two things, please.

1. Next season, the first time (and every time after that) I complain about Mr. David Hakstol's dead-cow blank stare and lack of emotion, I would appreciate if someone would gently whisper the following three words in italics:

Mike. ****ing. Sullivan.

2. If it's not too much trouble, could someone please explain to me how it came to pass that when I turned on the TSN broadcast - THE TSN BROADCAST - I was forced to endure Bob m***erf***ing Cole? Anyone? For ****'s blind and blessed sake.

I can't even with this sack of ****ing ... whatever. ****!

TSN doesn't have the rights, so all you got was the Sportsnet feed

I'm all for harsh penalties, but this is drivel.

If Mark Madden isn't the worst If the hockey media, it's Rossi. Amazing that they're in the same city.

They're all pretty bad. Dejan Kovacevic, who is inherently awful, wrote a column about whether or not Washington really wants to win that way.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
TSN doesn't have the rights, so all you got was the Sportsnet feed

That's what I meant, Sportsnet. But why didn't they have one of their own pairs do it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I have completely lost it - I am thinking of someone else, and was the whole time I was watching :laugh:

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
did anyone catch Keith Jones trying to compare the play Crosby was injured to Eric lindros getting laid out by Stevens? thought it was one of the dumbest comments of the night. the two plays were not similar at all. stevens was clearly going for the kill, while niskanen clearly wasn't trying to decapitate Crosby. it was just an unfortunate play. I believe niskanen was going to cross check him but in the hip or lower part of the body which goes on all game long in that area and is very rarely called. just unfortunate that sid was falling and it ended up hitting him in the head. right call on the ice was made since it was a cross check that made head contact and injured the player but there's just no way that niskanen was going for that outcome intentionally. for that reason he shouldn't get any other supplemental discipline. a fine at most if the league wants to appease pitt.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have no doubt that Niskanen raised his stick to block Crosby's falling body on purpose. I doubt he planned on hitting him in the head to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad