Miro v Mikko v Aho

MH v SA v MR

• Total voters

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
I´d say Rantanen is the best at this point. Aho is consistent on a high level and plays a more important position. Heiskanen is the one i project to improve the most. Really difficult to chose IMO. Another Finnish player i wanted to include in this group is Hintz but he has yet to gain the reputation so i left him out because i don´t think he would get votes, despite being up there.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. Heiskanen
2. Aho
3. Rantanen

for me. At the moment I think Aho is the best player though, but I have faith in Heiskanen turning into a Norris D for many years.

This is it for me as well but man all 3 are extremely close which makes it an excellent poll question.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Too much of a coin toss between these to me to be able to answer :) ..

I'm expecting Kakko to take a leap forward in next season (or one after that). He already fixed his defensive game last season, so now it is time to start also producing. So, hoping that this poll will get even more complicated in near future..

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Good poll. In a vacuum Rantanen is probably the best at his position compared to his peers. But W is the least important position.

I pick Heiskanen. I see him turning in to a legit top-10/5 D

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I´d say Rantanen is the best at this point. Aho is consistent on a high level and plays a more important position. Heiskanen is the one i project to improve the most. Really difficult to chose IMO. Another Finnish player i wanted to include in this group is Hintz but he has yet to gain the reputation so i left him out because i don´t think he would get votes, despite being up there.
Love Hintz. Think he will have a huge breakout next season if he’s fully healthy. Reminds me of Zibanejad before his breakout

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
For the Canucks, the easy answer is Heiskanen, whether that's for this year or long term, given the state of the blueline. I would also take Heiskanen long term in a vacuum, though I think right now, Rantanen is probably the best

Reactions: wetcoast

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I chose Aho because of personal preference.

This is a good poll though, as there really is no bad answer.

Reactions: wetcoast

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think it's probably pretty close in a vacuum, between Heiskanen and Aho. Both impact players at premium value positions. Maybe a slight edge to Heiskanen though, as he's probably a little bit further up the ranks as a defenceman, than Aho is as a center. But either way is entirely reasonable, and i can even understand the argument for Rantanen, though playing the less important position, and harder to extricate from MacKinnon.

But if you bring in "team need" and who i'd take for the Canucks...? It's not even close. It'd be Heiskanen in less than a heartbeat without even a hint of a second thought.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Good poll. In a vacuum Rantanen is probably the best at his position compared to his peers. But W is the least important position.

I pick Heiskanen. I see him turning in to a legit top-10/5 D

The game is not played in a vacuum though so does that really matter? W is not a position.

- - in to = why is that not into? Not clear what you are attempting to say with this.

Reactions: Plural

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Yea, no, there's no legitimate argument for Nylander over Aho and Rantanen
Rantanen and Aho really aren't any worse than Marner/Tavares.. Barkov's propably better overall player than Matthews, but that ot

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Rantanen and Aho really aren't any worse than Marner/Tavares.. Barkov's propably better overall player than Matthews, but that ot

I dont think they are either, especially Tavares, but at least you could make a case. Nylander isn't that close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad