Video Mirasty vs MacIntyre

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Definitely not a draw. Mirasty has nothing to be embarrassed about but he took a lot more damage. MacIntyre was throwing absolute bombs and landed probably 20 of them.

Two guys with a lot of heart but one landed better quality and also had the quantity advantage as well.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Definitely not a draw. Mirasty has nothing to be embarrassed about but he took a lot more damage. MacIntyre was throwing absolute bombs and landed probably 20 of them.

Two guys with a lot of heart but one landed better quality and also had the quantity advantage as well.

I can agree with that, but at the end of the fight, MacIntyre had his hand up and was clearly done.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Mirasty may have been throwing punches, too bad he couldn't reach.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
I can agree with that, but at the end of the fight, MacIntyre had his hand up and was clearly done.
Throwing that many punches will make you tired. You also have to remember that guys MacIntyre's size use up a lot more oxygen.

Charlie Milles*

Wonder why MacIntyre seemed reluctant to fight Mirasty at first?

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Wonder why MacIntyre seemed reluctant to fight Mirasty at first?

Maybe becasue Smac is 8 years taller than Mirasty. Kinda following the code not taking advantage of the smaller men.

He just got 4 minutes, he may have been afraid he would get more for going there and didn't want to make a mistake. Supposedly Sexton was there last night.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I can't figure out why Mac took so long, and so much convincing to fight, and why he didn't shed the lid. Not impressed.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Maybe becasue Smac is 8 years taller than Mirasty. Kinda following the code not taking advantage of the smaller men.

I don't think it has anything to do with code. Mirasty is arguably the toughest hombre in the AHL. 2 out of 3 will probably have a win in theref or Jon. With that said, i'm guessing Big Mac was hurting in some sort of way, mabe the hand again or something along those lines.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
I can't figure out why Mac took so long, and so much convincing to fight, and why he didn't shed the lid. Not impressed.
Why should he take off his helmet? A little guy taking on a big guy usually means an automatic momentum shift in the game. MacIntyre is supposed to just jump right in and make it as easy as possible for this guy that's a head shorter than him? It was 4-2 in the 3rd period. What does MacIntyre or his team gain from this fight? It probably took him so long to drop the gloves because he was probably weighing the pros and cons in his head. The only pro I can think of was MacIntyre wanted to just shut the hyper guy up.

SiouxPride

Dec 26, 2006
WINNIPEG!
In the AHL, with mandatory visors, guys almost always shed the lids before the fights. Especially enforcers/heavyweights.

Exactly, and besides.. Its Jon Mirasty.. if not the, one of the msot respected guys down there. He rarley fights guys his size.. why would Mc ask if he really wants too ..

dru

Jarmo Unchained
Jun 9, 2005
CBUS
www.colorriot.com
I love Jon Mirasty. His build and playing style remind me a lot of Tie Domi. He always takes off his helmet before a fight and gives the other guy time to get ready. He can take punches like a champ and isn't afraid to fight anyone. I think most fighters have a healthy respect for him. He did MMA once too.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Mirasty lost.
i get that hes the cult fave but he got whooped. none of his punches mattered worth crap. hes just lucky his head is made of rocks and has a brain of marbles to make it entertaining.

such a showman too showing up all dramatic dropping his helmet and gloves.
i almost felt the "honor" and "nobility" from here.

yeah. no.
dudes pretty worthless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad