Miracle on Ice members @Jobing Arena 2/7

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
FOX Sports Arizona posted on Facebook earlier today that members of the Miracle on Ice team will be on hand at Jobing.com Arena for a special pregame event beginning at 6pm on 2/7 before the Coyotes host the Blackhawks. I've been trying to scrounge up more details with no luck. Sounds like a great event, though.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
There's a list of players including Rizzo, Craig and Broten out there, but haven't seen a ton of details either. I'm bringing a couple NCAA team pucks in case they're signing, but these guys are American hockey royalty, so I'm pretty excited no matter what the actual plan is.

Weird that we don't have any US Olympians on the team though ...

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
FOX Sports Arizona posted on Facebook earlier today that members of the Miracle on Ice team will be on hand at Jobing.com Arena for a special pregame event beginning at 6pm on 2/7 before the Coyotes host the Blackhawks. I've been trying to scrounge up more details with no luck. Sounds like a great event, though.

I first read about this back in November, and I can't believe how poorly it has been promoted. Thirteen members of the team a week before the Olympics, and this isn't big news?

The players include guys who had NHL careers such as Dave Silk, Mike Ramsey, and Ken Morrow, as well as captain Mike Eruzione. Imagine being Ken Morrow, winning gold in the greatest Olympic upset in history, and then going on to win the next four Stanley Cups with the Islanders.

Details are on the Coyotes' team site.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=694023

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I've known about it and also knew I wouldn't be going to it. FSAZ is supposed to be having an hour long pregame segment on Friday. Looking forward to it.

I was a senior in high school when the Miracle game was played. Watched the rebroadcast the next day (a Saturday I believe) and the gold medal game on Sunday with my Dad. He took me to a minor league game a couple weeks later and I became a hockey fan.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I'm surprised this hasn't been promoted more. That's great though, I might have to watch the pre-game now. Unfortunately it will be Todd Walsh behind the mic during the whole event.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Two seats left in section 102 on the glass for the game against Chicago. $390 each according to Ticketmaster. Upper level resales are going for over $100.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Two seats left in section 102 on the glass for the game against Chicago. $390 each according to Ticketmaster. Upper level resales are going for over $100.

Just listed mine. I really like going to the less-busy games and especially don't like going to CHI games. But more importantly, I have a 7am hockey practice the next morning which means I have to be up at 4:30-5am or so. Plus with a tournament in January and one coming up this month in Anaheim, the extra $$$ comes in handy.

So I guess I really should be thanking the Chicago fans.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Honestly, if I was a season ticket holder, call me greedy, but I would probably want to sell my ticket for the Chicago game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad