Mintyukov vs Levshunov vs Zellweger

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It’s why I could see them leaning towards Silayev.
Edit: looks like he’s a LHD. RHD like Levshunov indeed makes more sense

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Minty year 1. Then you test waters with Levshunov in second year and see how he rolls the pp1.

I feel like Chicago can not skip Levshunovs size though.

Silayev is more realistic take and I dont see him being a pp1 guy.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Zellweger should be PP1. Mintyukov shows higher level concepts, but zellweger's relentlessness and pace better suits the roster as of now. Mintyukov would be PP1 on a better team, we don't have the smarts to take advantage yet.

It's incredibly rare for a teenage dman to immediately even play the PP at all. I wouldn't expect lesh to do that right away. Maybe PP2 later on.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like Zellweger has the most offensive upside, Minty is a mix of both, and Lev has a higher defensive floor but I don’t think is as dynamic offensively.

Excited to see Duck fans’ perspectives.

it really depends on what the forward grouping looks like imo. Both are still developing their games right now…. So idk that any of this is set in stone, more just what I’ve seen in season 1 for both guys.

Mintyukov is deceptive, sees the ice well and I’d say more of a play maker…. Doesn’t shoot nearly enough. You can almost cheat on pass, or him trying to beat you 1 on 1, cause his shot isn’t that intimidating/nor does he use it much.

Both pass well

Zellweger is quick/fast hands and feet…. But where Mintyukov will try to beat you with a move or pass, zellweger can do that but he’s also got a much better shot, and much more willing to use his shot.

Won’t really comment on levshunov and I think people also forget that Tristan luneau is a fully capable powerplay threat when healthy.

I think if we did draft Levshunov I’d consider having zellweger qb powerplay 1 and have levshunov qb power play #2, but have Mintyukov on that unit as a rover(like Scott neidermyer used to do here ).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I feel like Zellweger has the most offensive upside, Minty is a mix of both, and Lev has a higher defensive floor but I don’t think is as dynamic offensively.

I like Lev's heavy point shot more for the PP, among other things, but his defensive floor is lower in my opinion. Big and strong but gets confused a bit too much.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like Lev's heavy point shot more for the PP, among other things, but his defensive floor is lower in my opinion. Big and strong but gets confused a bit too much.
I think it’s exaggerated tbh

I think he’s switched teams/leagues coaches and system 3 times in the last 3 years…. Taking significant steps up in terms of talent in league. It would be very shocking if he iq wasn’t a ? In his freshmen year due to such changes…. But I imagine he’s going to be much more dominant on both ends sophomore year.

I think he’s best dmen in draft all ready and his potential/ceiling is the highest. And I hope he falls to Anaheim

Reactions: Blueston

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Minty and Zell are both LH. Feels like Zell can be more dynamic as of now. Minty is probably a better playmaker but plays kind of slower.
If we indeed get Lev, he'd add an RH element which could play a part in some cases. But even then, I'd first look if he can outplay Luneau on the PP which should be a decent possibility but not a given.

Long story short, no idea :laugh: but don't sleep on Luneau, he had a great stretch with the Ducks last year, the only question is how much the injury has been holding him back.

PS
Heck, LaCombe looked great on the PP when he got a chance.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think Zell will settle in long term as the PP1 QB. One reason will be that Minty and whoever the 3rd overall is (assuming it's a D) will have higher upside to play PK, which I doubt Zellweger will play on. That should distribute minutes a little more, plus the Ducks are going to have a lot of firepower to run 2 good PP units (if they can get someone that can coach them). Gauthier, Terry, Carlsson, McTavish Zegras, and there will probably be some bigger guys that can serve as net front presence. Then you have the D (Zellweger, Mintyukov, LaCombe) who have shown they can play there.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Maybe they run 2 dmen.
Could also be an incentive for them to take Silayev instead, since he projects as a monster defensively.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Maybe they run 2 dmen.
Could also be an incentive for them to take Silayev instead, since he projects as a monster defensively.
Agreed...the Ducks already have a ton of offensive/transition options in Mintyukov, Zellweger, LaCombe, and Leneau. I think Silayev adds a dimension they don't have and would be very valuable to add. Leshunov would be great as well but my preference would be Silayev. Ducks are guaranteed one of them if they go D.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agreed...the Ducks already have a ton of offensive/transition options in Mintyukov, Zellweger, LaCombe, and Leneau. I think Silayev adds a dimension they don't have and would be very valuable to add. Leshunov would be great as well but my preference would be Silayev. Ducks are guaranteed one of them if they go D.
Could go Lindstrom as well. I think they are pretty set at D.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think it’s exaggerated tbh

I think he’s switched teams/leagues coaches and system 3 times in the last 3 years…. Taking significant steps up in terms of talent in league. It would be very shocking if he iq wasn’t a ? In his freshmen year due to such changes…. But I imagine he’s going to be much more dominant on both ends sophomore year.

I think he’s best dmen in draft all ready and his potential/ceiling is the highest. And I hope he falls to Anaheim

I am skeptical - I just watched another game of his today and there's a lot of basic stuff that he's getting wrong. Very inaccurate / knucklepuck passes, being wildly out of position.

I'm not talking about systems related stuff - there is no system in the world that tells him to take this route wide of his net with five Wolverines in the slot:

The time stamp isn't working for me, it's 5:25-5:35 in the video.

Reactions: DemiGod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad