News Article: Minority stake in Rangers may be for sale

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
If Dolan does in fact spin off the Knicks and the Rangers, it would mark the first time the teams haven't been owned by Madison Square Garden. The Garden has controlled the Rangers since the team was founded in 1926.

MSG shares soar as Dolan lays groundwork for sale of Knicks

BTIG's Ross said in a Thursday telephone interview he expects the entertainment company to sell a minority interest its the new sports company, setting a new valuation for the Knicks and Rangers, and Dolan to use proceeds to conduct an exchange offer for entertainment shares, thus increasing his ownership.

Investors May Get A Chance To Own The Rangers And Knicks As James Dolan Considers Split

Last edited:

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Wow, I don't see how you get that from article at all. Super clickbaity thread title.

Reactions: Calad

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The team isn't for sale. Minority stakes in the team are for sale. You can nitpick that, but when the average person reads "team for sale," I promise you they're immediately thinking that majority or complete ownership is being shipped around. Title is still misleading.

I also heard, by the way, that Dolan was one of the potential American investors looking to make a run at AC Milan either as the controlling owner or in a minority capacity.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
if Dolan ever sells the majority of the team it would be the worst thing to happen to this franchise in years I guarantee it

people love to hate on him as owner but in reality we couldn't have it better he spends the money and he doesn't metal

could not ask for more out of ownership of the team
Yeah, Dolan is more blues than metal :sarcasm:

Reactions: Inferno

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
As stated, the title is misleading. I actually already bought the team from Dolan.

First items on the agenda: Ban the use of any from of math and trade for Joe Veleno.

Reactions: Bozle

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
So someone needs to merge the two threads.

Lmao with this crop of mods? Do they even know how? :laugh:

On the topic at hand I just refinaced my house into a 69 year mortgage in preparation of buying 1 share of the Rangers. That should be enough to at least get a direct line to Gorton’s cell phone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad