Rumor: Minnesota's Zucker, Niederreiter and Coyle in the midst of trade talks

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I could’ve just told you that. Or anyone in they Midwest for that matter.

I don't know you. I'm trying to figure it out on my own. Your team is an upper middle tier team and needs star power. This rumor looks like a blow up and that causes me fear for the Wild.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don't know you. I'm trying to figure it out on my own. Your team is an upper middle tier team and needs star power. This rumor looks like a blow up and that causes me fear for the Wild.

The word we tend to overuse is “tweaks”. You’re right though about us needing gate power. Not easy to do. I would fear for us to if we blow everything up.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Unfortunately yes it does sound like that, but it’s going to be a deal that seems mostly lateral when it actually happens.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Unfortunately yes it does sound like that, but it’s going to be a deal that seems mostly lateral when it actually happens.

Hope so for your team's sake. Also a constant 1st rd of Winnipeg vs. Minnesota would harken back to North Stars v. Jets v. 1.0

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hope so for your team's sake. Also a constant 1st rd of Winnipeg vs. Minnesota would harken back to North Stars v. Jets v. 1.0
Barring a huge regression from Minnesota, and asumming Winnipeg wasn’t a fluke this year, it’s looking like MIN vs PREDS could be a more likely 1st round matchup next year.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Minnesota’s needs are at forward and they are shopping 3 forwards? Well Boston can do this and I’m not sure if you’d be interested.

Krejci
Heinen
Carlo

For
Coyle
Neidereitter
2nd 2019

Right shot center to minn in krejci who’s also a proven playoff performer. Heinen is a left shot forward who has played all 3 forward positions including extensive work at left wing and some work at right wing. Carlo is a young right shot dman who has a really good shot at being a middle pairing shut down guy with limited offensive upside.

Boston rolls the dice that coyle can hold down 2c duties. They also get bigger at the forward position which was an issue for them against Tampa. They also roll the dice that one of their young defensmen blossom. Whether it’s zboril, lauzon, or vaakananien. Someone needs to break out next year for this move to work out.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Minnesota’s needs are at forward and they are shopping 3 forwards? Well Boston can do this and I’m not sure if you’d be interested.

Krejci
Heinen
Carlo

For
Coyle
Neidereitter
2nd 2019

Right shot center to minn in krejci who’s also a proven playoff performer. Heinen is a left shot forward who has played all 3 forward positions including extensive work at left wing and some work at right wing. Carlo is a young right shot dman who has a really good shot at being a middle pairing shut down guy with limited offensive upside.

Boston rolls the dice that coyle can hold down 2c duties. They also get bigger at the forward position which was an issue for them against Tampa. They also roll the dice that one of their young defensmen blossom. Whether it’s zboril, lauzon, or vaakananien. Someone needs to break out next year for this move to work out.

Staal at 34 years old, Krejci at 32 years old and Koivu at 35 years old is... concerning.

I like both Heinen and Carlo a lot though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Krejci
Heinen
Carlo

For
Coyle
Neidereitter
2nd 2019

I think it's a good offer, but Krejci's age is a real problem for the Wild.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think it's a good offer, but Krejci's age is a real problem for the Wild.

I saw a post at the beginning saying right shot center playoff performer. So a young right shot center playoff performer. That’s a tough thing to find.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Krejci
Heinen
Carlo

For
Coyle
Neidereitter
2nd 2019

That's not bad, actually. Take out the 2nd IMO, with Minni taking on Krecji's salary.

Seems like Carlo is an important part of your defence tho. Is this to fit Grecjklckxzjzlk in fulltime?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It wouldn't be a Minnesota Wild trade without our 2nd rounder going somewhere.

Well honestly I felt that krejci and heinen alone add more offensive pop to your team than coyle and Nino did. They outscored that duo 91-69. And that was with heinen and krejci only combining to play 12 more games. At least going by last years production levels. So by Boston sweetening the deal with Carlo based just on krejcis age and contract, I felt a 2nd was due back. If it’s a 3rd fine, but the pick was just semantics. Carlo is a pretty significant sweetener to take on a player who has a high salary but still puts up 50-60 points a year.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
That's not bad, actually. Take out the 2nd IMO, with Minni taking on Krecji's salary.

Seems like Carlo is an important part of your defence tho. Is this to fit Grecjklckxzjzlk in fulltime?

Grzcelyk is a left shot guy. He was pretty much full time with or without Carlo, he’s supplanted mcquaid. Boston would actually be opening up a hole on their right side by doing this deal. Kevan Miller and Adam mcquaid would be the insurance after mcavoy. Not ideal. Gotta give to get though, and outside of pastrnak the next best right wing is backes, which is ugly. So by adding Nino who can play right wing and coyle who can also play right wing. That’s valuable. Although coyle likely starts at C between pastrnak and debrusk with Nino sliding up to play with Bergeron and Marchand

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Well honestly I felt that krejci and heinen alone add more offensive pop to your team than coyle and Nino did. They outscored that duo 91-69. And that was with heinen and krejci only combining to play 12 more games. At least going by last years production levels. So by Boston sweetening the deal with Carlo based just on krejcis age and contract, I felt a 2nd was due back. If it’s a 3rd fine, but the pick was just semantics. Carlo is a pretty significant sweetener to take on a player who has a high salary but still puts up 50-60 points a year.

It wasn't a shot at your proposal. We have just always found ways to trade our 2nd round pick. They usually go to Buffalo.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
In 2016-17 Nino and Coyle combined for 113 points. Most Wild fans think, and I am guessing the front office agrees, that 113 is closer to what they can expect than the 69 they put up last year.

Reactions: Bazeek

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
In 2016-17 Nino and Coyle combined for 113 points. Most Wild fans think, and I am guessing the front office agrees, that 113 is closer to what they can expect than the 69 they put up last year.

I don’t have a crystal ball. I was just going off of most recent production. I’d like to think krejci will play like he did 2 years ago next year. could he? Sure. Will he? I don’t know. I just expect everything to stay exactly the same and if it goes up great. Heinen scores 47 points as a rookie. That might go up?? I don’t know. Maybe it’ll stay the same. Either way, carlo isn’t a bad sweetener as I said if you feel like Minnesota loses our offense wise by 10-15 points. And you’re probably more in the “the pick shouldn’t be in there” group. Which is fine. The pick is not a big deal. 2nd, 5th. I’m not really a pick guy. I just felt that without a pick back to Boston it was unfair. And i thought a 1st was too strong.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don’t have a crystal ball. I was just going off of most recent production. I’d like to think krejci will play like he did 2 years ago next year. could he? Sure. Will he? I don’t know. I just expect everything to stay exactly the same and if it goes up great. Heinen scores 47 points as a rookie. That might go up?? I don’t know. Maybe it’ll stay the same. Either way, carlo isn’t a bad sweetener as I said if you feel like Minnesota loses our offense wise by 10-15 points. And you’re probably more in the “the pick shouldn’t be in there” group. Which is fine. The pick is not a big deal. 2nd, 5th. I’m not really a pick guy. I just felt that without a pick back to Boston it was unfair. And i thought a 1st was too strong.
Carlo's a good sweetener, but less valuable to the Wild since we don't need defense. Maybe if we're moving Brodin in separate deal or something.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Carlo's a good sweetener, but less valuable to the Wild since we don't need defense. Maybe if we're moving Brodin in separate deal or something.

If you want I can pull carlo out and add jack studnicka the right shot center prospect from 2017 draft. I just figured even though defense isn’t a need carlo is a valuable type of defensemen. Steady, safe, right shot, young

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Hey Minny would you do

Nylander, McCabe and our 3rd that can become a 2nd for Zucker, Nino and Ennis?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hey Minny would you do

Nylander, McCabe and our 3rd that can become a 2nd for Zucker, Nino and Ennis?
Nino is my favorite player on the team, but I would probably do that.

You do realize what Nylander is being talked about here, don't you, and that the 3rd is a third round pick? McCabe is a nothing on the Wild...don't know that he'd crack the lineup. That's an absolutely crap offer.

Getting rid of one year of Ennis is not that hard. Trade him with retention, or buy him out.

Reactions: 2Pair

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

Krejci
Heinen
Carlo

For
Coyle
Neidereitter
2nd 2019

Honestly solid offer. Krejci's salary is heavy, but part of the deal i guess. Age fits our window, and Heinen/Carlo fit the rebuild.

Sold.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You do realize what Nylander is being talked about here, don't you, and that the 3rd is a third round pick? McCabe is a nothing on the Wild...don't know that he'd crack the lineup. That's an absolutely crap offer.

Getting rid of one year of Ennis is not that hard. Trade him with retention, or buy him out.
Wait, there are TWO Nylanders?!? :sarcasm:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Dang. I really like Coyle and would love to see him on the Jets.

He’s quite the shit disturber and his skill set would fit in quite well with what we’ve got going on.

Problem is that we’re division rivals so I’m sure both teams would rather not deal with each other and I’m not sure we’ve got the proper pieces that the swipe would be interested in or we’d be interested in giving up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad