Confirmed with Link: Minnesota Wild signs D Justin Falk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Can only see him being called up in replacement of Ballard when they play St. Louis or other big bodied teams. Outside that, he should probably just buy a place in Des Moines.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
People are really down on Falk. I though he was a fine #7 guy. I just wanted him to use his size more than he did.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
its funny if i rip CF posters are all over me yet CF makes a move like adding falk and several arent happy. hmmmm just sayn!

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
People are really down on Falk. I though he was a fine #7 guy. I just wanted him to use his size more than he did.

The problem with Falk was that it was apparent that he would never really use his size like he should. Disappointing too, considering how he looked briefly at the beginning of his rookie season. It all went downhill from there.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Falk is what he is - bottom pairing guy or sub, limited offensively, but big, tough, and a good team guy who knows his role. Hmm, who does that sound like that came from Elk River, recently moved along....

Good add for peanuts.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

As another poster alluded to, he is a Nate Prosser/Clayton Stoner clone. This team is being heavily designed to be fast and quick on the transition to move it up to the offensive zone. Faulk isn't exactly known to do that. Otherwise he would have been picked up on a one-way from someone. And is also the same reason Prosser hasn't been signed with someone.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
As another poster alluded to, he is a Nate Prosser/Clayton Stoner clone. This team is being heavily designed to be fast and quick on the transition to move it up to the offensive zone. Faulk isn't exactly known to do that. Otherwise he would have been picked up on a one-way from someone. And is also the same reason Prosser hasn't been signed with someone.

I thought that was his calling card?

Now Falk, on the other hand... :sarcasm:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Prosser did sign with St. Louis on a two way. Rest of it(besides the spelling of Falk) is spot on.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Knocking Falk's hockey skills is a head scratcher, because that's not why he was traded in the first place. For a guy his size, his skating and puck skills are decent.

The only reason the team picked Stoner over Falk is that Stoner realized that his paycheck gets cashed by being physical. Falk has not realized that yet. Lucky for him, he gets another chance. :p:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Knocking Falk's hockey skills is a head scratcher, because that's not why he was traded in the first place. For a guy his size, his skating and puck skills are decent.

The only reason the team picked Stoner over Falk is that Stoner realized that his paycheck gets cashed by being physical. Falk has not realized that yet. Lucky for him, he gets another chance. :p:

I remember when Falk would attempt being physical... He usually put himself out of position.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Yup. Stoner was crap till last year when he came to an understanding of what sort of player he had to be to make it in the NHL. There is no reason that Falk can't do the same. I do think there is a place for a guy like him playing limited minutes/ games if he eliminates defensive mistakes.

Hopefully one of our young guys(Dumba, Folin,etc.) makes my point moot by earning a spot on the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad