Confirmed with Link: Minnesota Wild signs D Justin Falk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
The Minnesota Wild has signed defenseman Justin Falk to a one-year, two-way contract.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=727696

Falk, 25, was originally drafted by Minnesota in the fourth round (110th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and totaled 15 points (1-14=15) and 100 penalty minutes (PIM) during 108 regular-season games during parts of four seasons with the Wild (2009-13). The 6-foot-5, 215-pound native of Snowflake, Man., registered two assists and 20 PIM in 21 games with the New York Rangers in 2013-14. The blueliner also recorded two PIM in four playoff games with the Wild in 2013.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
I am really stoked about this because I was chosen to be one of the season ticket holders that got to meet a player and get a signed warm up jersey. I got to meet Falk and I have his Jersey (which is like a triple XL). Glad to see him back in the state of hockey. Size never hurts!

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
He's not the most mobile D out there but he brings the size they lost when Stoner left...Not a bad move being that he knows the system and contract is a 2-way.

Billy Mays Here*

Decent depth signing, nice to see him come back to Minnesota.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Blast from the past!

I really don't mind this at all. At least we have another LHD option to go with Ballard.

Last edited:

J22*

Good depth move. Hopefully he's not seriously in the mix for a spot in camp.

He's probably 4th on the depth chart on the left side. Will probably compete with Bickel or maybe Blum for the pressbox chair so the kids can play in Iowa.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yeah, i don't really care about this. I always thought keep one, get rid of one between he and Stoner. Lets see if Good Falk shows up for camp. He looked downright solid the early part of his last season with us then took a dump.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
He was decent. Happy to have him in the mix. Big mobile guy with some toughness: who knows when a guy puts it all together?

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I don't want him to play for Minnesota Wild but I wish all the best to him. That's why I would've wanted him to sign elsewhere.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Falk? Falk! Love to see him back. Gives us some more depth on the left side as others have stated, and he can fill in nicely in the 3rd pairing if we need some physicality.

That, and Good Falk was actually really useful. Bad Falk? Not so. I hope the former shows up.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Ish, I have a terrible feeling the Wild are going to keep him on the NHL roster as the 7th defensemen. Which means he will probably get into far to many games because Ballard sucks to.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I am really stoked about this because I was chosen to be one of the season ticket holders that got to meet a player and get a signed warm up jersey. I got to meet Falk and I have his Jersey (which is like a triple XL). Glad to see him back in the state of hockey. Size never hurts!

Is that random or are they actually going by their number? I was wondering how many years it would take for my friend to actually get to do that.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Eh. I hope this is nothing but a depth signing. If they're seriously considering him as an option to stay with Minnesota, then our D is in pretty bad shape. Would rather see the kids play than Falk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad