Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Addison is really hard to rank. He could be really underrated. I can't tell how much his weird development path over the last 2 season is due to bad luck, weird macro stuff, and a weird coaching staff or how much his development stalling is due to coaching/management not trusting him because he hasn't developed.

If it's mostly about injuries and all of that stuff, there's an argument that in reality he should be more at the Lambos level. If it's the latter, he's probably more like a Khusnitdov level prospect.

Reactions: Minnesota

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Addison is really hard to rank. He could be really underrated. I can't tell how much his weird development path over the last 2 season is due to bad luck, weird macro stuff, and a weird coaching staff or how much his development stalling is due to coaching/management not trusting him because he hasn't developed.

If it's mostly about injuries and all of that stuff, there's an argument that in reality he should be more at the Lambos level. If it's the latter, he's probably more like a Khusnitdov level prospect.
He should've played more at the NHL level last year, if for nothing else but to see if we can really move on from Dumba.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He should've played more at the NHL level last year, if for nothing else but to see if we can really move on from Dumba.

At this point, probably gotta move on from Dumba anyway.

I mean, again, in order to keep him we'd have to move like 2-3 other guys, and it wasn't worth doing that to keep Fiala, so it sure isn't worth it to keep Dumba.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
At this point, probably gotta move on from Dumba anyway.

I mean, again, in order to keep him we'd have to move like 2-3 other guys, and it wasn't worth doing that to keep Fiala, so it sure isn't worth it to keep Dumba.
***If for nothing else then Addison's long-term development should have been prioritized over any current or future contribution (or lack thereof that is mediocre at best in either case) from a Kulikov or Merrill and CERTAINLY a Benn.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Summer of 2012 could've been close, depending on how you felt about Kuemper at the time, and when the Nino trade happened:

Zucker - Granlund - Coyle
Brodin - Dumba
Kuemper
I believe Brodin was already playing top pair RD though, and did for a few years. It wasn't until later that he proved he was far better on the left side.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I believe Brodin was already playing top pair RD though, and did for a few years. It wasn't until later that he proved he was far better on the left side.
I don't know if it was that, or there were too many lefties and somebody had to be on the right side. I know he played with Klefbom (lefty) at the WJC and played the right side, but I don't know if it makes him a "RD prospect".

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't know if it was that, or there were too many lefties and somebody had to be on the right side. I know he played with Klefbom (lefty) at the WJC and played the right side, but I don't know if it makes him a "RD prospect".
I think he was ambiguous at least between the RD and LD side.

Reactions: AKL

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Is everyone disregarding Addison because they don’t consider him a prospect anymore? Or because they don’t see his potential to become a top-4 defenseman?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Is everyone disregarding Addison because they don’t consider him a prospect anymore? Or because they don’t see his potential to become a top-4 defenseman?
More the latter due to last season. I also think Faber replaced him as top right handed defensive prospect.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
More the latter due to last season. I also think Faber replaced him as top right handed defensive prospect.
There are enough questions due to last season that add to uncertainty about his future, whether right or wrong that push him down this list. He also could easily be better than a few prospects higher, but there are less questions at this present time--partly due to the increasing degree of difficulty as a prospect approaches the NHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think of it as disregarding Addison so much as regarding Ohgren. Ohgren is skilled, can score, projects to be in the top 6, and unlike Addison, has good size.

Addison was inconsistent in the AHL without the puck. I wouldn't call him a bad defender so much as an indifferent one. He needs to be better if he wants to get top 4 time in the NHL, or i can see him ending up as a Brad Hunt.

Still think he deserves a shot. He is good with the puck, and i think being around a guy like spurgeon can do him nothing but good.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I voted for him in this one, and this one is where I think he belongs. He's still a very good prospect and is very nearly NHL ready, if not completely ready. I have to think that if he doesn't force the issue this year, his falling in the charts would be warranted.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I do like him and want to like him but I also hold coaching opinions as a factor (which is why I was always low on Khovanov). Addison seems to just fallen a bit of favor so he nudges lower to these prospects who are in their own right are premiums prospects.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't think of it as disregarding Addison so much as regarding Ohgren. Ohgren is skilled, can score, projects to be in the top 6, and unlike Addison, has good size.
I've seen a lot of reports saying Ohgren is more of a middle 6 guy. Maybe like Hartman or a rich man's Foligno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad