Who is Minnesota's #4 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't hate goalies, they're just a lesser value position in today's NHL than they used to be, due to the lesser drop in performance from the top goalies to the next tier below. In a cap world, you're far better off with that cheaper version.

upload_2021-8-4_12-8-11.gif

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
recency bias, also. It's easier to project great things for players that haven't done anything yet. We were all pretty pumped about Sokolov, Beckman, and Khovanov at one point because of their stellar production in the CHL.

I don't know where everyone is getting; everyone was high on Sokolov. Did a lot of Wild fans like him as a prospect? Yes. Did a lot of Wild fans think he was going to bust? Yes. He was a 7th round pick, and while I was high on him, I also knew that he wasn't all that great of a prospect and had a monumental challenge to be anything more than KHL fodder.

I also am critical of Khovanov, but still high on him as well as Beckman.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I don't know where everyone is getting; everyone was high on Sokolov. Did a lot of Wild fans like him as a prospect? Yes. Did a lot of Wild fans think he was going to bust? Yes. He was a 7th round pick, and while I was high on him, I also knew that he wasn't all that great of a prospect and had a monumental challenge to be anything more than KHL fodder.

I also am critical of Khovanov, but still high on him as well as Beckman.

I was on the same boat about Sokolov. 7th round pick, heavy feet and conditioning was the big question marks when he was drafted. That persisted through his junior and AHL years.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
I did some deep diving today on Lambos because I didn't know anything about him before the draft, and boy does it look like he could really be a stud if he continues to develop. He's got unbelievable skill and skating for being decent sized (6'2"), and seems to be really smart and well positioned defensively. I see why he's being touted as a great two-way D man but I think his offensive upside is really what jumps out watching him. The way he walks the blue line and kind of fakes defenders out and gets good shots through, especially on the powerplay. Reminds be a little bit of Cale Makar / Alex Pieterangelo type player. If he blossoms into anything close to those guys it's an absolute home run of a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad