• Nate Benoit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have a feeling that Warren will look at the LHD depth in our prospect pool and sign somewhere else after this season. I like what I have seen of him, but he is surely behind ROR, Lambos, Peart, and Hunt, even though he will be ready sooner than the others, potentially. I don't know that Guerin wants yet another sub 6' defender that has no outstanding characteristic... sorta like another Dakota Mermis.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Crazy that the 2019 2nd round pick doesn't even crack the top 20.
That'll happen when you don't progress offensively. A high draft position may get you more chances, but you have to actually capitalize on those chances or the luster wears quickly.

I'm honestly unsure of who to vote for now. None of the remaining have really wowed me in any way. Maybe a random number generator should decide. It'll be as accurate as I would be anyway.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
That'll happen when you don't progress offensively. A high draft position may get you more chances, but you have to actually capitalize on those chances or the luster wears quickly.

I'm honestly unsure of who to vote for now. None of the remaining have really wowed me in any way. Maybe a random number generator should decide. It'll be as accurate as I would be anyway.
I mean Firstov did have a decent career but didn't go to a prestigious school.

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
I mean Firstov did have a decent career but didn't go to a prestigious school.
His freshman year was impressive. But I don't see what he did to progress since then.

The Wild actually had 2 draft picks in the 2019 2nd round. Both are still on the board because draft position doesn't really matter much 3 seasons post draft.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Didn't get to vote in time, would have picked Spacek. His defensive game, poise with the puck, and ability to play in all situations make him stand out as a player that is very likely to be an NHL player in some capacity. His offensive development will determine his ultimate potential, but he can be useful in any role, not the most interesting or creative, but just plays solid, effective defense, much like his father. Without anything catastrophic happening during his development, he just seems like a surefire guy that will get his chance in this league as a coaches dream kind of guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad