• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't even know who the heck to vote for. I'm intrigued by Firstov, Johansson, Petrovski and Spacek.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I don't even know who the heck to vote for. I'm intrigued by Firstov, Johansson, Petrovski and Spacek.
I think Milne has a chance to be an NHLer as well. Shakey WJC showing from some prospects aside, has there ever been a time where players this deep are this interesting? I feel like this quality of prospect is normally like #7-10 in our system historically haha

Reactions: Digitalbooya

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Petrovski seems the guy here. He passed the eye test in the WJC opener and you saw a lot of chatter on Twitter from European Prospect experts that he is another steal

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I voted Johansson because he's the closest to the NHL and has shown a level of success that is easily projectable to an NHL player, though he may not have the ceiling of a couple of other guys here.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Still going with Johansson. 13-20 is basically all a bunch of guys with intriguing tools, but with varying degrees of likelihood of putting them together at their next levels. It'll be interesting to see which guys do.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still going with Johansson. 13-20 is basically all a bunch of guys with intriguing tools, but with varying degrees of likelihood of putting them together at their next levels. It'll be interesting to see which guys do.
I still think it's a bit of a red flag that he left the SHL, where they prize defensive play from defenseman.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I still think it's a bit of a red flag that he left the SHL, where they prize defensive play from defenseman.
I agree, which is why I want to see what he does in the AHL so badly. I want to know if he truly turned a corner, if he was just in a bad situation in the SHL, or if Liiga was just an easier league for him.

They all have red flags at this point, which is why they are so interchangeable to me, #13-20. As examples, Hunter Haight has tons of skill but doesn't have the production to match that skill level. Hentges just barely managed a point-per-game season, finally, in his senior season of college. Spacek doesn't seem to have a really standout skill, so it's hard to predict what path he can take to get to the big show.

I feel I should make it clear, I don't think anyone's "wrong" for voting the way they do in this. We all have various things we look for, and different weightings for those things. None of these guys are NHLers right now, and only ones that really settle in to work hard and smart in their development will become NHLers. On the flip side of that, I don't think there's anyone who's been voted for so far that doesn't have a realistic chance at making it if they do commit to it.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I recall reading that he really wanted to secure an ELC with Wild and his dad adviced him to play in Finland because the playstyle there is more similar to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad