• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Connor Dewar breaks through and wins the #13 spot on the list. Added Mason Shaw, Damien Giroux, and Ivan Lodnia

Who, in your opinion, is the Minnesota Wild's #14 prospect? Rank them based on whatever you see fit.

1. Marco Rossi (59.2%)
2. Matt Boldy (89.3%)
3. Jesper Wallstedt (53.8%)
4. Carson Lambos (63.4%)
5. Calen Addison (56.9%)
6. Ryan O’Rourke (57.8%)
7. Marat Khusnutdinov (70.2%)
8. Adam Beckman (75%)
9. Jack Peart (36%
10. Daemon Hunt (41.2%)
11. Alexander Khovanov (60.9%)
12. Vladislav Firstov (33.3%)
13. Connor Dewar (35.5%)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I voted for Novak last poll. Definitely open to hearing other opinions and having my mind changed.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I voted for Novak last poll. Definitely open to hearing other opinions and having my mind changed.

For me, between Nesterenko, Novak and Bankier, roll a die. I think Jones still has starter potential though so I'm going to keep voting for him.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Novak is small and not fast, and does well against boys but may not translate to doing well against men. Filip Johansson did well against men last year, producing at a level that finally showed his draft position while maintaining his defensive game. Nesterenko is more skilled than his draft position shows, has ok (or even good) size, and produced offensively last year, has taken a similar developmental path and trajectory to Erik Haula's.

These are the things I know about them, and it's almost the extent of my knowledge, so I'm probably not the best source.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Novak is small and not fast, and does well against boys but may not translate to doing well against men. Filip Johansson did well against men last year, producing at a level that finally showed his draft position while maintaining his defensive game. Nesterenko is more skilled than his draft position shows, has ok (or even good) size, and produced offensively last year, has taken a similar developmental path and trajectory to Erik Haula's.

These are the things I know about them, and it's almost the extent of my knowledge, so I'm probably not the best source.

I'm very curious where the Johansson "love" comes from (love in quotation marks because no one is actually clamoring over him, just mean to say that people are starting to vote for him in droves now). He's a 2018 draft pick who finally, three years later, looks okay in a men's league. Not great, not good, but okay. And he's still tracking to be a bottom pair defenseman in the NHL by the time he's 24-25, maybe?

I think a guy like Giroux looked comparatively better in (also) a men's league at the same age. Jones was a 20 year old goalie and while his numbers were very poor, he did have flashes, but he's still just a 20 year old goalie in a men's league. Considering all the circumstances, Lodnia even did okay in his men's league. All three of them were rookies as well, whereas Johansson has been playing in this league for two years, and was in the Allsvenskan for two years before that.

I can understand where someone would use the men's league reasoning to vote Johansson over maybe Novak, Nesterenko, etc, even if I don't agree, but I'm curious what the explanation is to have Johansson over other guys who did as well or better in men's leagues themselves. If Johansson was taken in the third round in 2018, would anyone be voting for him at this point?

Not to say anyone is wrong. We're at the point where it barely even matters, and we're judging these guys off mostly stat lines and just a few games watched, I'm just curious about the explanation.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm very curious where the Johansson "love" comes from (love in quotation marks because no one is actually clamoring over him, just mean to say that people are starting to vote for him in droves now). He's a 2018 draft pick who finally, three years later, looks okay in a men's league. Not great, not good, but okay. And he's still tracking to be a bottom pair defenseman in the NHL by the time he's 24-25, maybe?

I think a guy like Giroux looked comparatively better in (also) a men's league at the same age. Jones was a 20 year old goalie and while his numbers were very poor, he did have flashes, but he's still just a 20 year old goalie in a men's league. Considering all the circumstances, Lodnia even did okay in his men's league. All three of them were rookies as well, whereas Johansson has been playing in this league for two years, and was in the Allsvenskan for two years before that.

I can understand where someone would use the men's league reasoning to vote Johansson over maybe Novak, Nesterenko, etc, even if I don't agree, but I'm curious what the explanation is to have Johansson over other guys who did as well or better in men's leagues themselves. If Johansson was taken in the third round in 2018, would anyone be voting for him at this point?

Not to say anyone is wrong. We're at the point where it barely even matters, and we're judging these guys off mostly stat lines and just a few games watched, I'm just curious about the explanation.
Yeah, definitely not love. He's far from the top of my list, but I like that he performed well in a mens league last year. I view him much the same way that I view Dewar. I don't think either of them becomes much more than bottom of the lineup players. The reason I vote for them here is because they're at least somewhat close to that level at the moment. I really like Nesterenko, but I'm weighting readiness fairly heavily, probably heavier than most, and Nesterenko is pretty far off still.

As for Giroux, Jones and Lodnia, most of them did alright, but Dewar did better, and Johansson put up better offense than Lodnia, and he's supposed be a stay-at-home defenseman. Reports from Swedish posters that watch him were that he was maintaining his regular solid defensive play, but activating more and opening up offensively where he hadn't in the past. Not sure what caused that, maybe more confidence? Whatever it was, I'm glad for him. I wouldn't fault you for liking Giroux or Lodnia over Johansson, I just feel differently. Not even way differently, just enough.

As you said, I'm going mostly off of stat watching, and the odd bit of film I've seen here and there. This is far from a well educated opinion, but it's an opinion nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad