• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The more I see of Hunt, the more I like him. Good size, strong, can play physically, smooth skater, has good (not great) puck skills. I am hoping that, Faber, and ROR sit at the feet of the master(Brodin) to learn how to provide the solid D for MN in years to come. The fact that he made Team Canada when Beckman couldn't shows that he is probably ahead of him as a prospect, despite his injury problems (which were more freak accidents than indications of an injury prone physique).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The more I see of Hunt, the more I like him. Good size, strong, can play physically, smooth skater, has good (not great) puck skills. I am hoping that, Faber, and ROR sit at the feet of the master(Brodin) to learn how to provide the solid D for MN in years to come. The fact that he made Team Canada when Beckman couldn't shows that he is probably ahead of him as a prospect, despite his injury problems (which were more freak accidents than indications of an injury prone physique).
Isn't Beckman too old?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think he means Beckman never made it when he was eligible.

Wasn't his U20 season in 2021? Canada has had some incredible forward depth lately.

In 2021:

Dach
Zary
Holloway
Perfetti
Pelletier
Newhook
R. Suzuki
McMichael
Krebs
Byfield
Mercer
Cozens
Tomasino
Quinn

I mean, can't really hold it against him for not making that roster. Their defense right now is nowhere close to that level, with our guys or without.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
When was the last time we had a forward on the Canadian WJC team? I can’t think of a single one, Sheppard didn’t make it I don’t think.

We haven’t drafted many Canadian forwards with our top picks so that makes sense but a little odd.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
When was the last time we had a forward on the Canadian WJC team? I can’t think of a single one, Sheppard didn’t make it I don’t think.

We haven’t drafted many Canadian forwards with our top picks so that makes sense but a little odd.

Bouchard in 2003
Pouliot in 2006
Gillies in 2008

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Should have had Bouchard in my head, the other two are comfortably tucked away in the do not think about ever part of my brain.

To your other point about not drafting a lot of Canadian forwards, I think Zack Phillips is the last "high profile" Canadian forward we've taken. Beckman became more high profile after he was drafted.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Strangely enough McBain made the u18 and then Colton Gilles made the u20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad