Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Looking like no surprises outside of Greenway sticking at center. Prosser will make the team. Rau will probably get sent down to be an injury call-up. Press box will be 2 of Fehr/Hendricks/Brown/Read.
I don't see why they would keep two extra forwards.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Who else is worth keeping up?

14F: Parise, Koivu, Coyle, Nino, Staal, Eriksson Ek, Granlund, Zucker, Greenway, Foligno, Fehr, Read, Hendricks, Brown
7D: Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba, Brodin, Pateryn, Seeler, Prosser
2G: Dubnyk, Stalock

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So you have one thats a fringe 4th liner to actually play in addition to the one that's now a terrible hockey player on the roster "for the room".

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not a fan of the Zucker/Staal/Granny line. I'd like to see Brodin/Spurgeon get time together. JEE looks out of place on the wing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't understand why we'd move Ek from the C position. He is the only bona fide C that we have except for the old dudes. All the rest, such as Coyle, Ganlund, and Foligno are really only C's as a their second position. I sure as hell don't want to mess with Granlund by moving him back to C.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't understand why we'd move Ek from the C position. He is the only bona fide C that we have except for the old dudes. All the rest, such as Coyle, Ganlund, and Foligno are really only C's as a their second position. I sure as hell don't want to mess with Granlund by moving him back to C.

Huh?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So you have one thats a fringe 4th liner to actually play in addition to the one that's now a terrible hockey player on the roster "for the room".
Not that I really care for any of them, but Hendricks is better than Read and/or Brown. Hell, he's probably better than Foligno too. There's no need to carry dead salary.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It was a little better than "meh". From March 1 on (after the St. Louis game): Staal 39 goal pace, Granny 60 point pace, Zucker 30 goal, 56 point pace.

The Zucker/Staal/Granny line only lasted about 10 games (NYR-COL) last year, then Granny went back to Koivu's wing.

The first 3 (NYR, SJS, STL) games they were unstoppable (5v5): Staal (4g/3a), Zucker (0g/6a), Granny (4g/3a), 3-0-0 record.
The next 7 (AZ, COL, DET, CAR, VAN, EDM, COL) games they were meh (5v5): Staal (2g/0a), Zucker (2g/0a), Granny (0g/4a), 3-4-0 record.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'd like to see these lines tried:

Parise/Staal/Granny
Zucker/Koivu/Coyle
Rau/Greenway/Nino
Foligno/JEE/Kloos

Suter/Dumba
Brodin/Spurgeon (I'm leery about this pair)
Seeler/Pateryn

Reactions: TaLoN

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I am digging the lines. Very much so.

One change I could maybe see is Brodin dropping down and Seeler up.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017

Yep JEE isn't going to up his production like Granny by moving him to wing. He has to up his game this season to something like 30 points. 40 points would be great considering he is 3C right now. I mean the line mates are promising so it's not up to that anymore

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Big difference between trying to bottom out and having it happen due to circumstance. Orchestrating one is an awful thing to do to fans, advertisers and season ticket holders. Having it happen due to circumstance usually involves a fair amount of ineptness and failure. Landing the next McDavid as the consolation would be cool but real unlikely and not worth years of god awful play.
That's true. The big picture suffers but that group and core won't bring the cup to Minnesota. They've had their chances. Even though how well Wild play regular season you can just feel being underdog when it comes to playoff time.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'd like to see these lines tried:

Parise/Staal/Granny
Zucker/Koivu/Coyle
Rau/Greenway/Nino
Foligno/JEE/Kloos

Suter/Dumba
Brodin/Spurgeon (I'm leery about this pair)
Seeler/Pateryn
Russo sent a correction tweet about his tweet on the lines...

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I'm trying to get myself excited about this team but I'm having a hard time to do just that. Feels like the same ol' same ol'. Someone talk me off the cliff.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm trying to get myself excited about this team but I'm having a hard time to do just that. Feels like the same ol' same ol'. Someone talk me off the cliff.
We will have a completely healthy roster for the first time in a year. Parise was on a nice goal scoring pace to end last year. We have two prospects, Kunin and Greenway, that could make a huge dent this year. We have some RHD depth for when Spurgeon misses some games.

Mostly just need Parise to be healthy when the playoffs roll around. He’s the only one that consistently produces in the playoffs.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
We will have a completely healthy roster for the first time in a year. Parise was on a nice goal scoring pace to end last year. We have two prospects, Kunin and Greenway, that could make a huge dent this year. We have some RHD depth for when Spurgeon misses some games.

Mostly just need Parise to be healthy when the playoffs roll around. He’s the only one that consistently produces in the playoffs.
Big if with Zach. Guy has taken a beating over his career and that won’t change this season. Just his style. As far as Greenway and Kunin go I feel they will just be getting their feet wet since this will be their first full year with the big club. I hope they light it up much like I hope Coyle and others would have lit it up by now. Maybe everyone has a career year this year and they finally get past the first round of the playoffs and beyond. We shall see.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
hearing guys were assigned to Iowa

Per Russo:
- Assigned to Iowa for training camp starting Monday: Sokolov, Shaw, Menell, Kahkonen, Motte, Belpedio, Bouramman, Martinsson, Beck, Jenys, Fitzgerald, Mayhew, Lang, Salituro.
- Landon Ferraro and Cal O'Reilly will be on waivers at 11 a.m. for 24 hours for purpose of getting to Iowa.
- Hunter Warner also will be on waivers today.
- So those still in camp include Anas, Rau, Bartkowski, Read, Liambas, Kloos, Olofsson (inj), Murphy, Soucy, Hammond, Kunin
- Khovanov and Thrower hurt.
- At least 12 more roster moves for max 23-man opening night roster
- Boudreau said today’s practice isn’t necessarily the final guys in mix for #mnwild. He said Read, Rau and Bartkowski have been a little better than others vying, but for instance, Kloos didn’t practice in Group 1 bc lines were balanced with 15 fwds. Bartkowski in bc Olofsson hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad