GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Detroit Red Wings | Thursday, October 5th | 7:30PM | NBC Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I am not sure 35 minutes of being hemmed in your own zone and getting dominated but let off the hook by Howard/Refs is good hockey. Two PP goals doesn't really change that if you play that way all season long, you will lose a ****ton more. We should already be down 2-3 goals based on how well the Wild have played.

Let me rephrase then. The last two shifts the Wings looked good.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
If anyone remembers the old bubble hockey games with the players on tracks. Nyquist learned how to play hockey from them, and his track is purely on the perimeter. He just refuses to go to the middle of the ice.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
They played well in the first before their PP. Quite frankly those were good goals and the Wild were lucky Nyquist didn't score as that was an amazing chance. I am not seeing a blow out. Yes the Wild are controlling the puck down low, but they are also playing on the perimeter with indifference at times. They let a team hang around and that is a bad idea. The Wings capitalized on their PPs now they have to chase the game.

We had a good couple of minutes at the start yes. They were good goals but I don't think we should accept mediocrity just because we happen to be up on the scoreboard.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We had a good couple of minutes at the start yes. They were good goals but I don't think we should accept mediocrity just because we happen to be up on the scoreboard.

For this team to do much they are going to have to be good at special teams hockey in my opinion. I doubt they can because of the D and lack of star wattage. But if they can have a good PP and PK they could do something.

Again not saying they will, but they are going to need to be excellent in those facets because of how problematic breakouts are for our D.

They aren't going to win a beauty contest to be sure. They are a mediocre team, I will still try to look for the positives and root for Ws.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
I didn't like the Daley signing and I'll never defend it as it really shows the KH mindset. That being said the guy is pretty collected with the puck esp on the PP and has a cannon on the PP. 60 games in I don't know if his body will be holding up. But him and Frk ripping away on the PP is refreshing. We haven't had a dangerous shooter since 'nam.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Man, I hate the NBC announcers. According to them, goals were a "ricochet and a deflection." Yes, they were, but if they had gone off Sid's ass, they'd be saying how brilliant Sid is.

Reactions: Grimm

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Daley is probably the only defenseman looking decent offensively. Everyone is setting the bar low defensively.

From the forwards, I'd say Larkin probably looks the most useful. Tatar and Zetterberg are doing well. I thought Nyquist may be trending in the right direction from his near goal but has basically been invisible since.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well I hope they come out and try to play offense. If they sit back and try to absorb pressure from a team rolling four lines the way the Wild have all night we could really be in for a bumpy last 20.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well I hope they come out and try to play offense. If they sit back and try to absorb pressure from a team rolling four lines the way the Wild have all night we could really be in for a bumpy last 20.
Hmm I wonder which strategy they will choose...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hmm I wonder which strategy they will choose...

Yeah unfortunately I have the same feeling. Just hoping they are a little more aggressive this year. They would spend time not even looking to counter a lot of last year. They cannot do that, they should at least counter when they are absorbing pressure with leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad