Pre-Game Talk: Minnesota Wild at Kraken 10/28 7PM

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This is the kind of game where it may be better to just postpone it. With the number of personnel from the Wild on the COVID list, I feel there is a risk too big that they get it spread to our players/coaches.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Wondering if we should bother with pre-game threads at the moment or if we should create a generic Kraken discussion thread for the build up to games? (then have the game thread) I know the Canadian or more established teams have pre game threads days in advance that are super busy but we are still building this section up with a new fan base etc.

Thoughts?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Wondering if we should bother with pre-game threads at the moment or if we should create a generic Kraken discussion thread for the build up to games? (then have the game thread) I know the Canadian or more established teams have pre game threads days in advance that are super busy but we are still building this section up with a new fan base etc.

Thoughts?
Isn't a GDT supposed to be the thread for the entire game day? I mean it's a game DAY thread, not so much a game TIME thread. Consider that my "thoughts"

There really is no 'correct' answer to this. The general idea with GDT's is actually to keep it focused on talk DURING the game. That is the main reason there are both Post and Pre GDT prefixes for threads.

With how our current numbers look like we can potentially just create 1 season specific (2021-22) thread for pre-game talk and another similar thread for post-game talk. Creating individual GDT threads for every game makes sense just because they can also be made into live threads.

As far as timing of when the GDT's can get created, there is no 'right' timing. I normally prefer creating it 2-3 hours before the game BUT we can really create them any time after midnight (PST) on the day of the game.

Reactions: Scomerica

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Sorry didn't mean to step on toes or anything not being a mod. Just wasn't sure the best way to talk about an upcoming game or pre-game news before the game day thread and the game day threads look super intimidating to start given the amount of effort put into them :laugh:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
There really is no 'correct' answer to this. The general idea with GDT's is actually to keep it focused on talk DURING the game. That is the main reason there are both Post and Pre GDT prefixes for threads.

With how our current numbers look like we can potentially just create 1 season specific (2021-22) thread for pre-game talk and another similar thread for post-game talk. Creating individual GDT threads for every game makes sense just because they can also be made into live threads.

As far as timing of when the GDT's can get created, there is no 'right' timing. I normally prefer creating it 2-3 hours before the game BUT we can really create them any time after midnight (PST) on the day of the game.

I really like the bolded idea. We're not overrun with chatter as of yet that an ongoing thread might be really great. Kind of a catch all.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Sorry didn't mean to step on toes or anything not being a mod. Just wasn't sure the best way to talk about an upcoming game or pre-game news before the game day thread and the game day threads look super intimidating to start given the amount of effort put into them :laugh:
You are not stepping on anyone's toes. These are all fair questions and make perfect sense. Honestly, I have zero issues with creating Pre and/or Post GDT's.

Also, please do not stress or feel intimidated about 'creative' GDT threads. We all have different levels of skill and creativity and whatever you put effort in is just fine. I remember one of the Sharks threads a few years back was someone scribbling on toilet paper, taking a photo with their phone and making a GDT with that.

It was hilarious and creative.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You are not stepping on anyone's toes. These are all fair questions and make perfect sense. Honestly, I have zero issues with creating Pre and/or Post GDT's.

Also, please do not stress or feel intimidated about 'creative' GDT threads. We all have different levels of skill and creativity and whatever you put effort in is just fine. I remember one of the Sharks threads a few years back was someone scribbling on toilet paper, taking a photo with their phone and making a GDT with that.

It was hilarious and creative.

The bolded is so very true. Mine are basically all the same (lame compared to many other teams' GDT) version themselves: random youtube song, info taken from the NHL team pregame, tweet about the team, lineups (when I feel like it), random meme. But on my boards (Wild) there are only a couple of people that want to make them. I will say that the GDT makers from the other forums are usually just a small group of people, and are happy to answer questions if you ask in a PM.

My 2 cents as an outsider for the pre-game, GDT, post-game tags. The other team forums all have their own way of doing them. You're a new team so it'll be trial and error until you find a consensus of what you want on your forums here. It's better to start out using everything and cut back (if you want) rather than doing a catchall GDT and then try to switch it up to 2 or 3 separate threads.

Soul Rebel

Aug 19, 2019
Pumped for tonight. First game I get to attend and coming off that impressive game Tuesday night, so stoked!

Hopefully Gourde can continue to gain his legs and contribute. Still hoping Schwartzy and Geekie get off the schnide and light the lamp tonight. This will be a pretty good litmus test game as well. Hung tight with Vegas, won in Nashville, smoked in Philly and a couple of close ones thereafter.

Reactions: NiagaraKraken

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
ABB just scored for Tampa, wish we had kept him. This team has no offensive depth, going to be a long year if more guys drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad