Proposal: Minnesota - Vancouver (Trade)

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
As the original poster, I find it funny that everybody is arguing about who is better Eriksson EK or Gaudette,
when the real question is, does Boeser have greater value than Dumba, which I think he does.

I find it funny how easily Minni fans dismiss Boeser, who would be your 1st or 2nd best winger, in a heart beat.

One of the previous poster stated this............

Boeser>Dumba
JEE >Gaudette

Which I totally agree with........somewhat, as both are better by small amounts

Now, I like Eriksson-Ek, and would love to have him, but a quick look at his career stats, show he has never scored in any league. His role is a defensive center, and he has worked hard to be that. He may get a look as Minnesota's 2nd line center, but I would not hold your breath that he will a average 2nd line center. It is not in his DNA. Saying that, he is exactly what we need in our #3 spot. A defensive center, which is what sparked my interest.

But in saying all that, it has been pointed out that his defensive abilities are pushed hard against elite centers, such as McDavid and Eichel, where they constantly scored at a 2 point per game average. I would also suggest he was only average against Pettersson and Horvat in our 4 game Playin series. Yet, he interests me, as it is his skill set and his size, which Vancouver could use. Yes, he will be a great 3rd line center.

I would offer the following........which is an over payment on Vancouver's side.........
And yes all Minnesota's players in the universe are greater than all Vancouver players in the universe

Dumba, Eriksson Ek and 2020 3rd

for

Boeser, Gaudette and Demko

Or as Minnesota fans have been saying Joel Eriksson Ek who isn't only a c, a young one but a defensive wizards, .

Your argument that Ek hasn't scored is completely laughable & comical and also false. Go look at wild game in dallas February where joel Eriksson Ek scored 2 goals with the winner ended up being his 2nd goal.

It just seems like Vancouver fans don't want to listen . Wild aren't trading Joel Eriksson Ek unless it's for a better c which isn't Adam Gaudette. Gaudette isn't better than ek.

Also the scoring Argument for Boeser is a wash. He Is really good at scoring, but wild was one of the top teams statistically in NHL 5 on 5 scoring.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Or as Minnesota fans have been saying Joel Eriksson Ek who isn't only a c, a young one but a defensive wizards, .

Your argument that Ek hasn't scored is completely laughable & comical and also false. Go look at wild game in dallas February where joel Eriksson Ek scored 2 goals with the winner ended up being his 2nd goal.

It just seems like Vancouver fans don't want to listen . Wild aren't trading Joel Eriksson Ek unless it's for a better c which isn't Adam Gaudette. Gaudette isn't better than ek.

Also the scoring Argument for Boeser is a wash. He Is really good at scoring, but wild was one of the top teams statistically in NHL 5 on 5 scoring.

You keep citing this one game where Eriksson-Ek scored twice. Tyler Motte just had two goals against STL with the second one being the winner. We’re not pushing him as a scorer

Reactions: Bazeek

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
You keep citing this one game where Eriksson-Ek scored twice. Tyler Motte just had two goals against STL with the second one being the winner. We’re not pushing him as a scorer

I am not either. My point was Vancouver argument that Joel Eriksson hasn't scored in any league completely false. I also said he's a young shutdown c who can improve as a scorer which is fact. Fiala did also .

But hey u can't stand facts

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Gaudette wouldn’t move the needle but Tyler Madden would? Alright then. And if Horvat ever was moved (which he won’t be) they’ll be aiming higher than Dumba
I think people are getting confused... Wild would be open to trading for Gaudette, but sending Eriksson Ek back makes zero sense. We need to add centers without taking away from what we currently have.

Reactions: zar and Cogburn

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would say that trading for Gaudette would be way down the list of priorities for MN.

Reactions: Cogburn

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would rather keep Greenway, though I won't get all emotional if that deal is made. I keep hoping that Greenway figures out how to be consistent. He's an absolute beast 25% of the time, MIA the rest.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Would rather keep Greenway, though I won't get all emotional if that deal is made. I keep hoping that Greenway figures out how to be consistent. He's an absolute beast 25% of the time, MIA the rest.

Sounds like Virtanen, would be a good swap for similar players

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sounds like Virtanen, would be a good swap for similar players

To what point and purpose? If we're trading our guy it won't be for another bottom six wing.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As the original poster, I find it funny that everybody is arguing about who is better Eriksson EK or Gaudette,
when the real question is, does Boeser have greater value than Dumba, which I think he does.

The real question is why is Minnesota trading their defensemen for more wingers when they have Eriksson Ek as their top center going into 2021-22?

Value be damned, I don't even care to discuss who's more valuable between Dumba and Boeser- and frankly, the fact that some Vancouver fans keep trying to trade Boeser for Dumba is good enough for me to think maybe he isn't the player they hype him up to be- but we're not trading our most valuable trade chips unless a center is coming back. That's not even on Wild fans, Guerin himself explicitly said that. You know, the guy who makes the trades IRL.

I get this is a message board meant for discussion, but what's the point of discussing something that has not only been beaten to death on this board, but is also not even within the realm of possibility in reality?

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
The real question is why is Minnesota trading their defensemen for more wingers when they have Eriksson Ek as their top center going into 2021-22?

Value be damned, I don't even care to discuss who's more valuable between Dumba and Boeser- and frankly, the fact that some Vancouver fans keep trying to trade Boeser for Dumba is good enough for me to think maybe he isn't the player they hype him up to be- but we're not trading our most valuable trade chips unless a center is coming back. That's not even on Wild fans, Guerin himself explicitly said that. You know, the guy who makes the trades IRL.

I get this is a message board meant for discussion, but what's the point of discussing something that has not only been beaten to death on this board, but is also not even within the realm of possibility in reality?
I understand that you would rather trade Dumba for a C, but Canucks fans aren't just trying to dump Boeser. It has to do with cap constraints. When Boeser's bridge deal is up he will likely command more than someone like Toffoli, even though Boeser is currently better and has much more potential than him. He also serves as a better trade chip than Toffoli, so we can likely help out our defense with a better trade. I get that trading a good Dman for a winger isn't ideal though especially for a team like the Wild who needs centers more.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He can ignore me? Okay. The person argue Joel Eriksson ek doesn't score in any league & I called him out.

Don't care what you think
yes he can ignore you as your logic is ridiculous. you are the gm of the wild and everything you say goes in your eyes. its insane that you constantly say everything is 100% and there is no chance of this or that happening. Ek can be traded, he is not saved from anything as he is not McDavid or Mckinnon. If the deal is right you trade him dont say no simply because he is the best center we have currently that is under 30. get a grip dude you dont know everything.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
yes he can ignore you as your logic is ridiculous. you are the gm of the wild and everything you say goes in your eyes. its insane that you constantly say everything is 100% and there is no chance of this or that happening. Ek can be traded, he is not saved from anything as he is not McDavid or Mckinnon. If the deal is right you trade him dont say no simply because he is the best center we have currently that is under 30. get a grip dude you dont know everything.

& you don't either don't give one iota what the gell you say. Go trade Joel Eriksson Ek for Gaudette since you want him so bad. Leave me alone.

Apparantly you are the only wild fan who feels like Joel Eriksson Ek can be traded. Says alot about you. Done with your attacks on me. There wasn't any irritational comment in her. Get mad if you want

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
& you don't either don't give one iota what the gell you say. Go trade Joel Eriksson Ek for Gaudette since you want him so bad. Leave me alone.

Apparantly you are the only wild fan who feels like Joel Eriksson Ek can be traded. Says alot about you. Done with your attacks on me. There wasn't any irritational comment in her. Get mad if you want
There isn't a Wild fan on this board that agrees with you. in fact, there probably isn't a Wild fan on this board that isn't embarrassed every time that you try and speak on behalf of all Wild fans, or Bill Guerin for that matter.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

i didnt say i would trade him for gaudette, no wild fan did here. but to say ek is untouchable is a joke as its not true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad