Proposal: Minnesota - STL

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
It’s mind boggling that any Blues fan doesn’t think this is an instant yes for them.
We don't need forward prospects, just because you want to ignore our organizational need doesn't mean we have to.

We have Kyrou and Thomas signed long term, we have Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Stenberg, and Bolduc 20 and under, in the AHL, CHL, or college. We have a 21 year old Neighbors starting to scratch the surface of being a productive NHL forward.

On the other hand we have one defenseman prospect that looks to be a lock to be a top 4 defenseman in Lindstein and one that could be a top 4 in Buchinger, then combine that with having every single one of our defenseman being 30 or older.

There is very little to any possibility that we end up throwing our best trade chip away just to strengthen our biggest strength as an organization just to completely ignore the biggest glaring hole.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We don't need forward prospects, just because you want to ignore our organizational need doesn't mean we have to.

We have Kyrou and Thomas signed long term, we have Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Stenberg, and Bolduc 20 and under, in the AHL, CHL, or college. We have a 21 year old Neighbors starting to scratch the surface of being a productive NHL forward.

On the other hand we have one defenseman prospect that looks to be a lock to be a top 4 defenseman in Lindstein and one that could be a top 4 in Buchinger, then combine that with having every single one of our defenseman being 30 or older.

There is very little to any possibility that we end up throwing our best trade chip away just to strengthen our biggest strength as an organization just to completely ignore the biggest glaring hole.
I think the point was that the long term value of Yurov far outweighs 1.5 years of Buchnevich, regardless of organizational need. Yurov would be fighting Dvorsky for top prospect on the Blues.

A smart GM might then use those lesser prospects like Stenberg and Bolduc to get a defensemen or two. There are plenty of teams that have defensive prospects that could be had for equivalent forwards. Look at Minnesota: Hunt, O’Rourke, Lambos and Peart at LD. Brodin is locked with term, so only two spots available for the future. They can’t all play for Minnesota.

Of course Yurov won’t be traded. But if you need defense, we’ve got it and I think we would be willing to swap for an equivalent forward.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
How about we give you guys some privacy to build your statue of Yurov to celebrate his totally assured walk into being a future 1st ballot HOF player and we'll find a defenseman elsewhere. Kshadoo isn't a Blues or Wild fan anyway, this was just a "get Russian player I like to team of other Russian player I like...." fantasy.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How about we give you guys some privacy to build your statue of Yurov to celebrate his totally assured walk into being a future 1st ballot HOF player

Nice, I'll anxiously wait for you to show me where anyone said this

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yurov appears to be a really nice prospect. Now that he is finally getting playing time in the KHL, he is putting up good numbers, Still, as others have said, he does not fit an organizational need. Nor does Johansson. If we are moving Buchnevich, we are taking a slower rebuild as opposed to a retool, so we don't need a veteran winger. We'd want a pure futures deal. And Yurov is a nice futures piece, he is not at a position of need. Sure we could grab him and trade a lesser F prospect, but then we'd get a lesser D prospect. Or we could just flip Yurov, but how often are there prospect for prospect swaps of promising prospects?

Our best bet would be to trade Buchneivch to a team willing to sacrifice the future for a push now. That is not Minnesotta. I get it. This trade doesn't work for either of us. Can't we just say that and move on?

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
1) blues shouldn't trade buchnevich in the division without an overpayment. minnesota fans can balk at that idea all they want, there's no reason to do fair value for a division rival when buch would generate plenty of interest league-wide.

2) blues should never try to acquire johansson, the least clutch player in the nhl. including this pad pumper is a non-starter for any deal.

3) yurov is a great prospect and may eventually be a great player (have to say this for no reason or the minnesota fans get all upset).

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
1) blues shouldn't trade buchnevich in the division without an overpayment. minnesota fans can balk at that idea all they want, there's no reason to do fair value for a division rival when buch would generate plenty of interest league-wide.

2) blues should never try to acquire johansson, the least clutch player in the nhl. including this pad pumper is a non-starter for any deal.

3) yurov is a great prospect and may eventually be a great player (have to say this for no reason or the minnesota fans get all upset).
Minnesota cannot afford Buchnevich's cap hit, isn't willing to pay that price for Buchnevich, and the timeline doesn't fit what Minnesota is after. The Russian poster just didn't think the trade through.

Agreed on Johansson though. That guy sucks.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

It wasn't a Minnesota fan that came up with this proposal. And as a quick read through the thread, you can well see the overwhelming majority of us aren't interested in it. The OP for some reason seems to enjoying fantasizing about trading of Minnesota players and prospects.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It wasn't a Minnesota fan that came up with this proposal. And as a quick read through the thread, you can well see the overwhelming majority of us aren't interested in it. The OP for some reason seems to enjoying fantasizing about trading of Minnesota players and prospects.

I'd love to see Kaprizov and Buchnevich together as much as I'd love to see Kaprizov and Yurov, but as a neutral fan I don't have those homer glasses and see that given the situation Buchnevich will help Minnesota more than having Yurov.

As to STL, the team needs to rebuild, and a great prospect Yurov can help the team a lot. While 1.5 years of Buchnevich are helpful for what?

And Johansson is added to free a little bit cap space for Minnesota and make the trade more balanced because Yurov > 1.5 years of Buchnevich...

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'd love to see Kaprizov and Buchnevich together as much as I'd love to see Kaprizov and Yurov, but as a neutral fan I don't have those homer glasses and see that given the situation Buchnevich will help Minnesota more than having Yurov.

As to STL, the team needs to rebuild, and a great prospect Yurov can help the team a lot. While 1.5 years of Buchnevich are helpful for what?

And Johansson is added to free a little bit cap space for Minnesota and make the trade more balanced because Yurov > 1.5 years of Buchnevich...
Dude, we do not need forward prospects. And the Wild do not want to trade Yurov. Both fan bases have spoken. No deal.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

No, you just hate Russians on wild and want to take them away, you are known for this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad