Proposal: Minnesota - STL

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pavel Buchnevich for Danila Yurov, Marcus Johansson

Minnesota will get a great winger who is great defensively and can score. Then they will play him either with Kaprizov to get an interesting Russian connection or with EEk to get a great checking line that can not just outdefend but outscore any opponents.

Saint Louis will ge a great young prospect (the team needs to rebuild anyway) plus serviceable winger.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Minnesota will get a great winger who is great defensively and can score. Then they will play him either with Kaprizov to get an interesting Russian connection or with EEk to get a great checking line that can not just outdefend but outscore any opponents.

Saint Louis will ge a great young prospect (the team needs to rebuild anyway) plus serviceable winger.

swap the serviceable winger to a 1st and I’d do it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He'll need new contract exactly when Minnesota gets rid of buyout penalties. I'm pretty sure he'll be up for resign
Yeah, nothing like needing to sign a 30 year old to a long term in order to justify trading a stud 20 year old.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I'd think if the Wild are making a big trade with a top prospect like Yurov they would go for a center instead of a winger. As a neutral, I think the Wild should go for a center like Lindholm instead of adding a very good winger like Buchnevich.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd think if the Wild are making a big trade with a top prospect like Yurov they would go for a center instead of a winger. As a neutral, I think the Wild should go for a center like Lindholm instead of adding a very good winger like Buchnevich.

They have top6 centers in Rossi and EEk. Why will they trade Yurov for a 3C option?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
If the Blues were actually entertaining the idea of trading Buchnevich I'd want a top 4 D/potential top 4 D between 21-26 as the primary piece coming back. Blues D are mostly over 30 and they really need to add someone in that age range.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If the Blues were actually entertaining the idea of trading Buchnevich I'd want a top 4 D/potential top 4 D between 21-26 as the primary piece coming back. Blues D are mostly over 30 and they really need to add someone in that age range.

Trade him to Ottawa for Chabot then, I think Ottawa fans will be happy...

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
Brutal for the Wild. With the cap being a thing this would have to be a summer trade. Meaning the Wild are trading their best center prospect, playing top 6 center for a top KHL team, for 1 year of a winger in a year when they surely aren't winning the cup.

The only thing of even remote value here is the inside track to signing a 30 year old UFA to an extension. Who also plays their strongest organizational position, and where their prospect pool is strongest.

Buchnevich would be a luxury to the Wild, he's not a need, and he's not returning Yurov.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
No.gif

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Brutal for the Wild. With the cap being a thing this would have to be a summer trade. Meaning the Wild are trading their best center prospect, playing top 6 center for a top KHL team, for 1 year of a winger in a year when they surely aren't winning the cup.

The only thing of even remote value here is the inside track to signing a 30 year old UFA to an extension. Who also plays their strongest organizational position, and where their prospect pool is strongest.

Buchnevich would be a luxury to the Wild, he's not a need, and he's not returning Yurov.
I do think Minnesota could use a winger. There's just 0 chance we would trade Yurov to do so lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This deal also doesn't come close to working cap wise for MN, both this year and next year, even if it was a fit hockey wise(it isn't). Buchnevich is a really good player, but one who needs to be going to a team whose window is now. MN is playing well right now, but their future is 2-3 years from now, when their cap penalties are manageable, and players like Rossi, Faber, Yurov, Ohgren, Boldy are in their prime.

Buchnevich would be a great add for a team that is a contender with an aging core that wants immediate results, AND can work it out cap wise.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
This deal also doesn't come close to working cap wise for MN, both this year and next year, even if it was a fit hockey wise(it isn't). Buchnevich is a really good player, but one who needs to be going to a team whose window is now. MN is playing well right now, but their future is 2-3 years from now, when their cap penalties are manageable, and players like Rossi, Faber, Yurov, Ohgren, Boldy are in their prime.

Buchnevich would be a great add for a team that is a contender with an aging core that wants immediate results, AND can work it out cap wise.
If Ek and Kap are going to be part of our window then it needs to happen in like 2 years max and last 2-3 years

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Yeah, Kaprizov and EEk are 27 next year, I'm pretty sure they want to compete now and not when Yurov matures...
Yurov could come in the league like Kap did in 2 years when the old guys are 28 and blow us away.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
If Ek and Kap are going to be part of our window then it needs to happen in like 2 years max and last 2-3 years

Have to add rossi and boldy to any kind of window, which gives us time to add yurov. The big if is resigning kap.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00