Confirmed with Link: Minnesota Hires Judd Brackett

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There are no secrets in the NHL. Other teams can look at the Canucks drafting record in recent years, particularly some of the later round picks, and decide if someone is worth hiring. So it figured that Brackett wouldn't be out of work long.

Now, for the sake of comparison, we have now another team's draft picks to follow going forward.

Reactions: mossey3535

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, I'm curious. It looks like he was director of amateur scouting for the Canucks between 2016-2019 (4 drafts) and that first draft looks pretty rough. He was a scout before then, and I'm wondering how much influence he had on those drafts. I didn't mind Mini Fenton (or actually Fenton himself as a scout), so the question is, is Brackett a step up? In the last 2 years, Fenton and Mini Fenton has drafted some pretty solid guys for the Wild.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
So, I'm curious. It looks like he was director of amateur scouting for the Canucks between 2016-2019 (4 drafts) and that first draft looks pretty rough. He was a scout before then, and I'm wondering how much influence he had on those drafts. I didn't mind Mini Fenton (or actually Fenton himself as a scout), so the question is, is Brackett a step up? In the last 2 years, Fenton and Mini Fenton has drafted some pretty solid guys for the Wild.

2016 is mainly benning going full simple jack and over ruling the scouts. Basically since benning screwed up 2016 he’s been listening to brackett

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

2017 was when he really got ahold of the draft and found his stride. 2016 was a GM making a call on the 1st round pick, I can't tell you what happened with the rest of the draft though. Our 3rd pick that year has a shot, Will Lockwood.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

2016 he was overruled by Benning on the Juolevi selection and then we only had 1 more pick before the 5th round so don't judge him on that.

He fought hard for Pettersson and has a terrific track record from the USHL which is his 'home' league. Adam Gaudette and Jack Rathbone in particular are Brackett guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad