Minnesota High Schoolers Thread (Draft Eligibles)

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Last year saw 11 players drafted out of Minnesota high school programs, including Mario Lucia of Wayzata, who was selected highest at 60th overall.

Kyle Rau, who we felt was a big sleeper last year, was taken 91st overall by Minnesota. He's already got 14 points in nine games with the University of Minnesota.

Here's a glimpse courtesy of one of our Minnesota-based guys, who also put together a feature on the Upper Midwest High School Elite League, which is gaining serious steam as a place to watch.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/minnesota-hs-crop-on-par-with-2011/

Arguably, this year's top high schooler out of Minny was Cody Corbett, who left late last month to join the Edmonton Oil Kings.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
thanks for the info Aaron, any idea where these guys are committed to for next year? Zach Stepan related to Derek?

Redhead90

Jun 27, 2011
I'm always weary of drafting Highschoolers in the 1st round, but how do some of the top guys on that list compare to the the main HS name I've heard tossed around,Christoval Nieves?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Kyle Rau, who we felt was a big sleeper last year, was taken 91st overall by Minnesota. He's already got 14 points in nine games with the University of Minnesota.

Actually selected by by Florida but likely just a misstep. He definitely looks the part with the Gophers this year, though, playing with that beast Bjugstad certainly helps

Anyway, just stopping in to say good get with Dan. How this new league fairs will be interesting to see. Wanted to stop in some time to watch but probably won't have the time.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
I'm always weary of drafting Highschoolers in the 1st round, but how do some of the top guys on that list compare to the the main HS name I've heard tossed around,Christoval Nieves?

You might- MIGHT see one of the Shattuck St. Mary kids go in the 2nd or 3rd round, but Nieves will likely be the first Prep kid taken this year. There really isn't a real high end kid this year, but there are a handful or two who could be drafted.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
You might- MIGHT see one of the Shattuck St. Mary kids go in the 2nd or 3rd round, but Nieves will likely be the first Prep kid taken this year. There really isn't a real high end kid this year, but there are a handful or two who could be drafted.

Is Justin Kloos 2012 or 2013 eligible?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad